Female Drummers

dcoy_drummer

quikstang2":3po14uze said:
Martina Axen of Drain STH...yeah boyee

I've never really run across a chick drummer, at least not one that plays more than the basic rock beat, who actually joins a band or who plays longer than 3 months.

I'd like to marry a drummer, that way I'll know what to buy for gifts and presents.
i would just like to say that there is drummers that shatter this theory. i am a "chick drummer", play more than the basic rock beat, been in my band for two years and have been playin more on than off for 10years.
so now u have came acorss one
XXDDXX

andorawinds

Female drummers are a rare commodity around these parts, I get approced at least once a week to join different bands. I wouldnt say we are better than the boys But I will say we can hang with them.

Chad Scott

Captain_Original":3qnc4h47 said:
I don't exactly see why people think of female drummers as "OMG UR AWESOME." I just think of them as a female drummer, I'm a female and I play drums. Ohmygod alert the media! :shock:
only someone with a big eggo would say that!he he-female drummers that I know usually get the most crap...I think it sucks but a female drummer has to show an extra tallent to stand out in this market! You can't suck and expect to make it! for example (Kittie's Drummer) if she diddn't kick ass Kittie wouldn't eather! Female or Male/ it doesn't matter, we all play the same thing--exept females drummers make me hot!

Scott_Hurford

katemate":398oig5z said:
I love being a drummer! It's the skill and passion that makes the difference, not the gender.
Correct :D i agree with you completely.

i see no difference between Male & Female Drummers, apart from the fact tht i find female drummers attractive :p lol

Dale

andorawinds":31x3etxb said:
Female drummers are a rare commodity around these parts, I get approced at least once a week to join different bands. I wouldnt say we are better than the boys But I will say we can hang with them.
Maybe they just like the way you play and it has nothing to do with being female. I'm pretty sure Herbie Hancock and Wayne Shorter didn't hire Terry Lynne Carrington because she's female.

drumobsessed

andorawinds":1vv0wfpe said:
I wouldnt say we are better than the boys But I will say we can hang with them.
I hate to tell you that you're wrong. There are many, many guy drummers that I know that I am better (technically, rhythmically, creatively) than, and that I know other girls play better than. (sorry for the bad grammar guys)

One of my bands right now is an all girl hardcore band. We like to go to shows and say "hey, he's good! For a guy..."

Sure, it a little sexist, but we don't always mean it ;) It's fun to be able to say that yeah, you're a damn great female drummer. And I only personally know two other girls who can rock the double kick and sound great (there are many more in bands that I don't know though).

A

Anonymous

I think I have to agree what a someone said, the difference between male and female drummers is that I find female drummers attractive.

l_e_i_g_h

hahahahaha....Greg. :wink:

Greg":329cq0kp said:
BongLord":329cq0kp said:
Greg":329cq0kp said:
I don`t see any differences betweene male drummer and female drummer! :)
Dude, seriously, just think about it. If you have a hot woman behind a drumset..........you have two of the greatest fucking things in the world right there.
I thought about music... :D

l_e_i_g_h

Well Said Greg. :)

** Of course sometimes the other would be fussier with "choice of clothes" :D

Greg":21aayyyl said:
I don`t see any differences betweene male drummer and female drummer! :)