FEED BACK

CASCINAIDRUMS

:p I need some feed back on some drumming I did for a band, boneface. Tell me what you think about the band and the drumming.We would like to do a reunion.We are a three piece band and are adding a fourth member, a vocalist. If you are on myspace add us to your friends.If not You can still review the tracks @ www.myspace.com/bonefacemusic
Thanks for your professional criticism :twisted:

Shalaq

Fuss over you- I think you're overplaying the kick drum. Also it feels a little bit like rushing.
Other tracks- Well I think same story- your fills are a bit too rushy and sometimes you're overplaying the kicks. I do get what you're trying to say by doing that. If the bass guitar was louder in the mix maybe this wouldn't be such a problem, but the kicks are pretty loud. To my taste they should be a little quieter.
Hope this helps ;)

CASCINAIDRUMS

Shalaq":1vk7k7ky said:
Fuss over you- I think you're overplaying the kick drum. Also it feels a little bit like rushing.
Other tracks- Well I think same story- your fills are a bit too rushy and sometimes you're overplaying the kicks. I do get what you're trying to say by doing that. If the bass guitar was louder in the mix maybe this wouldn't be such a problem, but the kicks are pretty loud. To my taste they should be a little quieter.
Hope this helps ;)
I was always told that less is more and I do agree on fuss over you is way to fast. The ride bell part is cool but then it speeds up again like a frieght train

The Heel

On the first song, I think your meter isnt bad. I also dont mind the kicks for what you're playing. I'm a sucker for doubles. A little more bass in the mix wouldnt hurt though.

I actually kept waiting for that one killer fill somewhere in the song though.

The second song feels rushed to me. Though maybe you wanted to play ahead of the beat.

Come Closer I think theres probably too many doubles. I mean I like me some doubles... but thems a lot of doubles.

Alright, Lovin you is a crime is a whole lotta doubles too. Theres no doubt you can play... But some more diversity in the kick drum parts would probably make you shine more.

devilspain

dude your tunes asre awsome very hair metal! reminds me alot of Motley crue. i love it. yeah the recordings are pretty poo. but with new quipment you could have it soundin better. great thing about the modern musician is if you spend the right money everyone can have there own recording studio.

as has been mentioned maybe less is better. but im still loving it.

CASCINAIDRUMS

The Heel":3b8ps1ql said:
On the first song, I think your meter isnt bad. I also dont mind the kicks for what you're playing. I'm a sucker for doubles. A little more bass in the mix wouldnt hurt though.

I actually kept waiting for that one killer fill somewhere in the song though.

The second song feels rushed to me. Though maybe you wanted to play ahead of the beat.

Come Closer I think theres probably too many doubles. I mean I like me some doubles... but thems a lot of doubles.

Alright, Lovin you is a crime is a whole lotta doubles too. Theres no doubt you can play... But some more diversity in the kick drum parts would probably make you shine more.
Were going to redo the recording once we get a vocalist and I do agree on more bass. I also have a habit of having a busy foot especially with music like this but I do agree with less is more and I would like to slow it down a little bit on fuss over you.I'm glad you were waiting for that killer fill it keeps you on your toes and I appreciate the professional input and I will use it.Playing live, people always say how good I am, but I want the real answers I'm looking for plus there half baked after the show and I am looking for that professional criticism.
I'll do anything to make the song sound better as far as the notes go.
Thanks again.
Cascinaidrums

CASCINAIDRUMS

devilspain":indrq5w5 said:
dude your tunes asre awsome very hair metal! reminds me alot of Motley crue. i love it. yeah the recordings are pretty poo. but with new quipment you could have it soundin better. great thing about the modern musician is if you spend the right money everyone can have there own recording studio.

as has been mentioned maybe less is better. but im still loving it.
Yes it was done on an old tascam four tack and I would love to go into a professional recording studio and redo all of our songs.There's a song called holiday which has that solid bass drums sound, steady single beat that is alot like the crue.
Almost like the Scorpions.We have alot of tunes and we want to refine them to make them better.The mix is off a little but thats what we get for not going into a real studio_Old school
Thanks for your input and I'm glad you had a cool time listening to it.
Thanks again,
Cascinaidrums :p