Favourite rudiment

Shalaq

I like the single paradiddle, but I also like to play the swiss triplet over and over again RLLRLL etc with my hands or feet as sixteenth note triplets.

Tool_Drummer_Zach

Since im currently in drumline now at the time i have to know all rudiments and it really helps out on the set < and ne one heard of professionaly drum core vic firth teacher Brian Mason , helps us out , and a couple of the university guy's near by , but back to topic I really like all of them but my favorite would be swiss amry tripelts , and flam accents, if you never heard of it 16note breakdizzy( which you havent are drumline instructer wrote it) its areally good rudimentaly warmup

loop

Tool_Drummer_Zach":14jb923e said:
if you never heard of it 16note breakdizzy( which you havent are drumline instructer wrote it) its areally good rudimentaly warmup
what is it?

PS - nice avatar:p

Tool_Drummer_Zach

loop":16htnuwe said:
Tool_Drummer_Zach":16htnuwe said:
if you never heard of it 16note breakdizzy( which you havent are drumline instructer wrote it) its areally good rudimentaly warmup
what is it?

PS - nice avatar:p
I dunno really how to explain i'll have to get back to you on this , i dont really have to time to try and explain it right now

Cozy Cable

Seems to be in a foreign language!! lmao! Never learnt properly so just about manage triplets and the very rare paradiddle! Sorry guys!

drumbum10

i'm a big fan of the american six stroke roll RllrrL RllrrL (the capitals indicate accents) but also im a big fan of quads and inverted quads, which are hand foot ideas, and swiss army triplets are lovely too, but erm my favourite is american six stroke roll with the accents on the cymbals and bass drum with the cymbals too ( Gadd uses it alot)

Turi

drumbum10":1uka3rts said:
i'm a big fan of the american six stroke roll RllrrL RllrrL (the capitals indicate accents) but also im a big fan of quads and inverted quads, which are hand foot ideas, and swiss army triplets are lovely too, but erm my favourite is american six stroke roll with the accents on the cymbals and bass drum with the cymbals too ( Gadd uses it alot)
I was just gonna say the same thing...

I love 6 and 7 stroke rolls.

Andy Mac

My favorite rudiments are paraddidles.
I great paradiddle practice is 4 singles, then 3 doubles, then 3 triples, then a double again, brings you back onto your opposite hand to repeat the pattern.

I also like RLRRLL and LRLLRR, cant remember if they have a name.