Favorite style to play?

drumsforlife

So what's your favorite style to play? I don't have a favorite. My favorite thing to do is a mix of two or three...

drumsforlife

break the prism":jzhou5b6 said:
funk/fusion
Sweet dude. Funk and fusion are really fun to play. Actually, on the fusion side of things, most of my influence comes from Dave Weckl, but I know there's others out there that play just as well. If you want to suggest some for me to look up, I'd appreciate it. I've been trying to broaden my horizons when it comes to fusion...

osiris90210

i like metal \m/ but i do like playing softer upbeat rock and punk, just cos those u can completely fuck around with, metal is sorta u do this or it doesnt sound quite right... like slipknot, u need to play it right otherwise urnt playing slipknot

amontholdDrums

gahh.. funk and grooving off that is great.. but i like everything.. i like layin loops for rappers.. pays alright considering all i play is like 4 measures and record.. but i like it all.. im a drummer.. its what i do!

Metaldrummer89

i try not to restrict myself to styles and genres. i really just play anything that will occasionally present a little bit of a challenge to me. especially in the sense of timeing. Necrophagist, Dream Theater, etc.

azrul_ulrich

For me, i like to play the heavy beets..like the machingun...something like fast like lightning....Hope to be the next lars ulrich haha...

I definitely love to play metal, but also love funk, fusion, and progressive rock, even some really simple straight ahead rock can be a blast to play.

CuchoPR

Well I play lots of genres predominantly Latin, so therefore I love playing Latin, second line, new oleans funk,blues :D

martin.simon

I find ska to be the most fun and challenging. It's like metal meets punk meets jazz and funk, plus the complicated rhythms and the high tempos really help build chops. Of course it's also fun to just play some straight rock beats, sometimes the most simple beats have the most dramatic effect.

quikstang2

Metal \m/

I like playing fast. I like playing hard. I like lots of fills. I like breakdowns. I like double bass. And I like getting pissed off and going at it.

TheYardstick

Lots of ghost notes and half-sixteenths on the double bass and snares with a fast quarter note or eigth note pattern on my Crash or Ride cymbals, with a little Morgan-Rose-inspired cymbal fill somewhere in there.