Favorite Finish??

ClintKelly

Out of my own curiosity, whats everyones favorite finish? I really really liked Matt McDonough's old green finish that he used in mudvaynes earlier shows.. i dont know what the name of the finish is tho

I'm a big fan of any sparkle kits and I also really like Adrian Young's orange kit he had back in 95-97 on the Tragic Kingdom tour. John Otto's blue acrylic kit is also very impressive looking.

Scott_Hurford

the Tama Superstar Efx 'White satin haze' is my favorite finish at the moment, it looks awsome.

also i like finish's with a LITTLE sparkle, i hate loadz of it, just enough to sparkle enough is wicked :wink:

Rockaflodge

anything but jet or piano black, sorry. there just so simple and everybody and there my has a black drum kit. If I had to pick afew they would be...midnight fade, red fade and blue sparkle and I love black hardwear.

ballisticsocks

there's somethin' about a black drumset that I just love. Every set I've owned has been flat black and I'm definately most into the plain colors

screamkevin

Scott_Hurford":54ibiobh said:
screamkevin":54ibiobh said:
Mine is what's on my drums, Yamaha's high-gloss Marina Green.
i just checked out your saluda profile, beautiful finish on your kit, my favorite colour too :p
Thank you, Scott, I appreciate the comments. Pearl and Tama have a finish close to this, and theirs is outstanding too. I also dig the Peace sparkle green that they offer on their higher-end stuff.

Scott_Hurford

screamkevin":1xechcvt said:
Scott_Hurford":1xechcvt said:
screamkevin":1xechcvt said:
Mine is what's on my drums, Yamaha's high-gloss Marina Green.
i just checked out your saluda profile, beautiful finish on your kit, my favorite colour too :p
Thank you, Scott, I appreciate the comments. Pearl and Tama have a finish close to this, and theirs is outstanding too. I also dig the Peace sparkle green that they offer on their higher-end stuff.
no probs. yeah i know the one your talking about by Peace, really beatuiful colour. My next Tama is either gonna be a green sparkle or the white satin haze :cry: to tough to decide :shock:

craigyp

Anything yellow or purple... a mix of yellow/purple would be the bees knees!!! 8)

I'd love to get a kit with two bass drums (one yellow and one purple) with loadsa toms that create a slight yellow --> purple gradient as the toms get bigger! :D 8)

craig.

veklynvhyz

man i love that dw set, mapex has some finishes that i really like, on their orion kits they have an imperial burst i like and a pro m with a finish called blue ice, but my absolute fav. is anything with transparent red or tran. cherry red :)

anavrinIV

i really like pearls purple craze that they use on the reference series. i also like blue to natural trasparent fades and green to black ones too.