• G2 Coated

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Powerdot

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • HD Dry

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

SuNoAnBuKi

HD Dry and ST Dry over Hazy 300 are what I always used when I using Evans. With an 8" deep snare you might wanna use a Glass 500.

audiotech

I have the Evans Power Center Reverse Dot batters on most of my snares. If I know that I'll be doing a lot of brush work, I'll change it to an Evans G1 coated for a bit more sensitivity.

Dennis

Brother_Bong

I just bought an EC reverse dot hazy with a hazy 300 on the reso and I like it alot. I didn't vote because I use different heads on different snares. I have a Genera dry hd on my 12. not sure what I 'm putting on my 14, prolly a G-plus. Drum heads are like women, they all act different, yet the same.

Alan_

modern vintage medium weight on the 58 slingerland ply, new orleans special on the supra

EDIT: oh, missed the big EVANS in the title. I don't like their heads. They sound good for a while, then go dead quicker than lightning.

Optimus Prime

My favorite Evans snare head is the Genera Dry. Not the HD (double ply) version, just the single ply one.

Sounds great.

ThePloughman

Evans J1 Etched on the snare. Over an Ambassador weight Snare side.

I have them on a 5x14 COB, 6.5x14 maple dynasonic, and an 8x14 Superten. Very open. Very responsive.

Asdex

You forgot G1 too.. I like G1 on snares and EC2 on toms. I'm gonna be trying G1 for toms next time.

Brother_Bong

Right now I'm sporting EQ3s on my bass drums, Genera dry hd on my side snare, ec reverse dot on my main snare. I intend to replace my toms with G2 top, G1 bottoms. Love me some Evans heads!

J0k3r

Genera. I've used a lot of Evans but I tune my snare extremely tight to give it that pop that almost makes u wince when u crack on it. lol.

ShadowDrummer

Well now I've gone bold and got the new Hybrid Snare Batter and waiting for my Glass 500 reso to arrive...so got a remo Ambassador on reso. That hybrid head is killer on a deep snare like the 14x6.5 ultra-cast.