favorite drummer of all time

brian

ok here are the rules you can only pick one drummer who is your favorite of all time! it sounds easy but it can be very hard to pick just one!

DON BREWER from gand funk would be my favorite!

Rockaflodge

Morgan Rose - Sevendust! If you ever get the chance to see them live, you will know why I said him. The man can trow sticks, knok over a cymbal stand and pull it back up with his feet and sing back-up and play the most kick ass drum parts and never miss a lick!

vargasdrumbeast

Mike Portnoy

Thank God this thread wasnt called "Best Drummer of all time"

Plus you cant bash anyone because its just their opinion

zen_drummer

Gaddabout":rz8gohcw said:
zen_drummer":rz8gohcw said:
Gaddabout":rz8gohcw said:
Mike Morgan.
SAY WHAT?????
Just following the first rule of unions: Keep It Local. ;)
If that's the case, you should be picking Dom Moio and I should be picking Steve Gadd since he lives 5 miles from me...

Actualy, Gadd's my choice no matter where he lives... it's just handy that he's local as well!

Dailey

Mike Portnoy's not a bad drummer at all, don't get me wrong. He's got the rythm, great technique, and good precision. But... musicality? He's more of a loud, aggresive drummer than a musician. But then again maybe its the music style of Dream Theatre. If you've ever heard of Liquid Tenson Experiment, you've recognized how diverse the songs are. He plays more expressively in some styles than other. Im just fed up with Mike Portnoy being classified as the end all be all Best Drummer ever.

I vote Buddy Rich

Gaddabout

zen_drummer":1sdbm0xt said:
Gadd's my choice no matter where he lives...
That would be my answer under normal circumstances, but I didn't want to be accused of elitist demagoguery. :twisted:

Dee

God this is extremely hard, I have a few, it's a toss up between Steve Gadd, Buddy Rich, JoJo Mayer, Tony Royster Jr, Jim Chapin, John Bonham and Thomas Lang!

zen_drummer

Dee":2c35suno said:
God this is extremely hard, I have a few, it's a toss up between Steve Gadd, Buddy Rich, JoJo Mayer, Tony Royster Jr, Jim Chapin, John Bonham and Thomas Lang!
Oh, but you have to pick ONE and ONLY one!

You cheated... :twisted:

Dale

Honestly I have no idea. I will say one name, because this guy just doesn't get the credit he deserves.

'Papa' Jo Jones.

Yeah, he is and is not my favorite drummer. I just love the guy and have the greatest respect for him.

RogersDrummer

If you picked more then one drummer, it automatically means you like lars ulrich....and thats not good times man...not good times at all.