fav stick trick

joey

So what's ur fav stick trick my personal fav is when I sky the stick off the floor tom then catch it with a crash hit

drummerfreek55

pretty much any of the stuff Thomas Lang does would go down as my favorite. im in the process of trying to learn twirling and tossing and guys like him make it look much easier than it really is!

dark_realm

twirling when there is a gap in the song then stopping the twirling just before i get back into it.. its mad and the ladies love it :p

eric_cahill

definately anything Ray Luzier does....he is amazing... he has some sweet stuff...check him out with Army of Anyone they are still on tour i think... (snocore)

phil-drummer

i honeslty cant do that many tricks, maybe twirls around and inbetween fingers, i cant catch tho , so its useless for me

drummert2k

im a fan of the "hi mom" stick juggle. its a drum corps thing but looks really sweet. Spida's are pretty sweet too.

torkid47

My favorite trick is one my wife does with a stick. She makes ½ of it disappear.
Not so good for the stage but great at home!

Stimpy

torkid47":34x5trtx said:
My favorite trick is one my wife does with a stick. She makes ½ of it disappear.
LMAO!!! Shit Yeah!!!

phil-drummer

torkid47":lj270jn2 said:
hahaha , ah dude your a genius , haha :D

anything edsel dope does.

and i love when sully erna and shannon larkin throw sticks to eachother in the middle of drum solos.
and when they just throw it up.
lol

Crash101

i like to flam it off my snare let it do a full spin then catch it and slam in
works best when going from a softer to a heavier part of the song. and i love to spin sticks during parts of songs where the drums die down for a min, its got alot of attitude in it

chachaman02

While Thomas Lang is a master of stick tricks, the Rev has a very physical style all out. he can twirl sticks and keep on the beat.

Flatliner

This one isn't too bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb4Qpbp7PCo

at the end he juggles three sticks while playing, seen variations of this, but never the way he does it on the toms.

I'd try to learn it if I could juggle, but I guess I'll have to learn how to juggle first.

And John Blackwell has a great stick twirling while playing style.

scrubs

screamkevin":2dpm2wdh said:
My favorite stick trick is when I play an entire show without dropping one or breaking one. :wink:
I was about to say something very similar.

kebin131

I like doing the Claw (not sure if it's a stick trick exactly). And I like walk the dog, even though it's butt easy people seem to like it alot haha.

alwaysdrummetal

torkid47":yfrjrl0n said:
That would be amazing on stage, what do u mean?!
Lol, anyway my fav trick is bouncin the stick off a rack tom, letting it spin a couple times in the air and catching it. This is probably my favorite trick because its all I can do :( lol idc tho tricks arn't what its all about, they are cool tho

ChrisNichols

I like twirling the sticks when there's a break in the drumming or after I finish a song. It's sort of a reflex for me, actually.

Piddywiffle

Flatliner":1kh4vklg said:
This one isn't too bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb4Qpbp7PCo

at the end he juggles three sticks while playing, seen variations of this, but never the way he does it on the toms.

I'd try to learn it if I could juggle, but I guess I'll have to learn how to juggle first.

And John Blackwell has a great stick twirling while playing style.
I saw that video maybe 2 weeks ago. That dudes got it all man. Attitude, style, and really cool beats. You know that guy gets laid A LOT.