Famous people that play drums(that you didn't know played)

drummingpraetor

heres a good one for ya...name famous people that play drums, that aren't pro drummers. Actors, athletes, political figures, etc. I'm really interested to see who we can come up with...all i know of are Courtney Cox and Conan O'Brian

Pork Sword

Mike Piazza (baseball guy) Randy Johnson (another baseball player) Dominic Rousell (old goalie for the flyers) Jerry Lewis (the comedian)

those are all I can think of off the top of my head though....

Johnny Cat

Johnny Carson played, he used to get "pointers" from Buddy Rich all the time LOL. Dana Carvey plays as well (party on Garth!). Jerry Lewis was already mentioned. Hmmmmm. I know others but I can't think of them at the moment either. They'll come to me eventually.

I didn't know Conan played drums. I knew he played guitar. That's awesome.

Will

Jamie Oliver (the chef)

Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear)

Though British people might already know that...

mattkinel

Doug Flutie!!! Playes in a band for some fundraisers, pretty cool.

Conan O'Brian has the best drum teacher in the world, Max Weinberg!

Trent

idk if anybody knows this guy or even the place i saw him but..

denny green used to coach for the vikings and i was at oarfin records in minneapolis and theres a little music store attatched to it and denny came in and right there bought a whole drum set. idk if he bought them for him or someone else but usually when someone buys drums its for themselves..

Scott_Hurford

Roy 'Chubby' Brown, the comedian, used to play drums in a band when he was younger incase u didnt know :D i think he can still play them too 8)

wii2525

Does denny green have kidz? Maybe he bought them for his kidz. But thats pretty cool that Conan plays. Heh heh heh, famous people drummers.

automaster31

Pork Sword":g8k6yyv9 said:
Mike Piazza (baseball guy) Randy Johnson (another baseball player) Dominic Rousell (old goalie for the flyers) Jerry Lewis (the comedian)

those are all I can think of off the top of my head though....

I had no idea mike played. My fav player and he does my job? Odd, but damn cool to know.

iatemygoat

Conan Obrien and James Hetfield. James and Lars have a drum off in one of their DVD's and James totally wastes Lars in my opinion. it was pretty funny.

Funky-Monk

Will":eoex2dag said:
Jamie Oliver (the chef)

Haha yeh, i remember JC's drumming on one of there Top Gear episodes recently. Was fantastic!

stump

Funky-Monk":b0255g3u said:
Will":b0255g3u said:
Jamie Oliver (the chef)

Haha yeh, i remember JC's drumming on one of there Top Gear episodes recently. Was fantastic!
Great call on Jamie Oliver! Let's not forget Emeril Lagasse!!

killdrum1983

iatemygoat":3k5xkyns said:
Conan Obrien and James Hetfield. James and Lars have a drum off in one of their DVD's and James totally wastes Lars in my opinion. it was pretty funny.
it's on the Live at San Diego don't remember which year it was but i thought Lars had... "won" lol