Factory Metal Percussion

m

I had a bad experience with a hi-hat jingler at Guitar Center, was in the process of buying it and it pretty much just fell apart when we tried it out.
Kinda soured me on the brand, but they seem to have a huge roster of A-level endorsers, maybe I just test-drove a wonky one?

they had a pretty cool setup at NAMM:

m

Shalaq":315f2rto said:
Yeah, but although there are loads of artists, I rarely see one actually using them.
that's the big mystery behind 'endorsees,' I guess. Unless you actually see them using it live, who knows what's going on?

I suppose it doesn't really matter anyway; you've got to try it yourself to see if it'll work for you. Unfortunately, they didn't for me.
Maybe someone will report in who's had a better experience.

anavrinIV

i played one of the celtic crosses with the jingles in it and i thought it was a very cool piece, as is the ribbon crasher. ive played a couple other things of theirs too, like the long bar with holes in it and the gothic radius that i thought sounded horrible. its all personal preference but there were a couple things that i did like.

m

anavrinIV":2951awwz said:
a very cool piece, as is the ribbon crasher.
now those I dig!
I've got one, it's plenty sturdy and makes a heck of a racket.
I think Rhythm Tech is the manufacturer of these.

wombat_drums

yeah i got a celtic cross i use as a bell, i took the jingles out cos the rattled for longer than what i wanted.I'm tempted to put them back in though. as problem is the its a little quiet. but it works good in softer parts. i suggest trying em first and seeing if u like em.

PaulZILLA

true they do have a huge roster of sick drummers that endorse, but ive only seen a few use the stuff on stage. and then it wasnt much. i personaly love the Hat Crashers. i especialy like taking the hand hammered bell part and using it as a stand alone bell cymbal. and the sizes are fun. i li ke the Gothic Radius. the big one especialy. but not as a main ride. i use it as a rhthmic/effect ride type thing and i usualy put a long piece of clear duct( DUCK ) tape around the outer edge of the entire cymbal. so that half the piece is on top of it and half on bottom. wraped around the edge. when i begin looking for endorsements im definately going to look into them. i love their stuff. adds MASSIVE stage presence and many alternative sounds and possible sounds to my kit.

drummer619

i own a celtic cross w/rivets, it's cool like it's got a unique china property to it i guess would be the words but, like mentioned above it is pretty quiet and would need to be mic'd hardcore. now that i think of it, i wonder how it would sound stacked on/under a big crash. i think i'll try it out :D

Timekeep69

I'm a Factory Metal Percussion endorser. They're effect cymbals. They're not designed to compete with regular cymbals, that's why you don't see them being used alot in setups. I have a Cross Bender, Gothic Radia, and a Celtic Bell and they all work and sound great.

m

so how do they hold up to prolonged use?
do they bend much?
Seemed to me like they're really thin.

mikeymidnight

hey, I'm also an endorser of FMP. I wasnt really sure how big factory metal was gonna get, and I lucked out and got a deal with them before their rosters were gigantic. so about their stuff, theyre cool accessories. you cant really call them cymbals, and you cant always use them in the loudest of situations, but theyre totally unique. if youre into tasteful drumming, and using different sounds to create music on your drumset, these things rock. i saw earlier some problems with the high hat jinglers, and im glad to say i havent had any. its not that big of thing to hit, so i dont really see myself ever hitting it hard enough to do damage. it also sounds great off the hats if you need a quieter tamborine sound. i just used it in a pit band for the musical Sweet Charity. Factory Metal= sweet stuff for people who like new sounds.

Wintersongs

wombat_drums":19lcbfdz said:
yeah i got a celtic cross i use as a bell, i took the jingles out cos the rattled for longer than what i wanted.I'm tempted to put them back in though. as problem is the its a little quiet. but it works good in softer parts. i suggest trying em first and seeing if u like em.
I have one of these, too. The volume is on the low side, so you may want to move it as close to where a mic would be as possible.

ilike2rock

the idea behind them is great . because you can bend them and customize them with the jingles and rivets but functionality is a problem. unless your a very soft player they wont cut through the mix. they dont project in the least bit.

Moshii

I have a 10" Celtic bell. It's not a sound one can use in an average song, or nearly any, but it's a cool industrial-rattling-noise cool. It can be ahrd to hit, as the shape of it allows the stick to pass through it in some areas. Go ahead and try 'em.