Factory Metal Cymbals

anojeezick

What is up with these things? I saw at a guitar center and I played them. It sounded like a really really really bad pair of hi-hats, but they were expensive. I checked them out and some of their other stuff sounds pretty cool, but I still don't see why they are so expensive. Can someone explain these cymbals?

anavrinIV

theyre not so much cymbals as alternate percussion effect pieces. the only one ive played that i like is the celtic cross with the jingles...it was actually pretty cool. i dont really understand the price though.

anojeezick

Timekeep69":fcdrkeet said:
They're tunable effect cymbals made from sheet metal. I'm an endorser.
The only ones that I saw that said tunable, were that vertical china cymbals.
Some of them do sound cool but what about the price?

Timekeep69

The Cross Benderz are tunable too. I dont know about the prices. It may be a retail markup. I get mine straight from FMP.

anojeezick

The tuning thing is pretty cool, but are they being sold as practical cymbals? They seem like something that you would but when you were bored with cymbals and had a crap load of cash.

anojeezick

Guitar Center price. I don't remeber exact but it was really high for what it was. It was the HatCrasherz. It just seems expensive. Maybe I don't know what I am talking about. That is probably it.