Fabric Drum Wrap

tapeworm97

i wanna put a fabric around my drumset as a wrap. A DML member has a 4 piece drumset (Pearl i believe) with a pink fur wrap around it, i jsut cant remember his name. But can anyone help on where to get some cool fabrics and how to put it on. =]

dammow

tapeworm97":1rlr60fa said:
i wanna put a fabric around my drumset as a wrap. A DML member has a 4 piece drumset (Pearl i believe) with a pink fur wrap around it, i jsut cant remember his name. But can anyone help on where to get some cool fabrics and how to put it on. =]
hello all, ive not been on here for a long long time!!! [sorry!] hows it going duba?

tapeworm97, i got your PM but thought i would reply here as ive had a few pm's asking the same question! As timekeep says, just get some fur or whatever material you fancy from a fabric shop and some spray adhesive on the shell, i sprayed a bit at a time working my way around the drum, making sure the fur was tight as i went then trim the fur with a craft knife to get a tidy joint. refit the lugs and thats about it really. take your time and you shouldnt have any probs! good luck!

Assback

i made a post about the same thing several months ago. i still havent gotten around to doing it but the drums have been stripped and hardware removed

Jayson_X

hello, the fabric drum wrap's a hella nice idea, but:
1) will you be able to remove the wrap if you grow tired of the design?
2) will it affect the resonance of the drum? wouldn't an extra wrap choke the drum a little?

Timekeep69

1) Yes, just don't use contact cement

2) Depending on how thick the fabric is, yes. Shag will definately affect it, thinner fabric won't.

NocturnalDrum

I wrapped my louie snare with fabric, came out great. The only thing I fucked up on was cutting the vents withe the fabric ON!!! Burned the edges and it pissed me off. But other than that go for it, spray on adhesive is the way to go.