F%$#&ing Tweekers....

BillRayDrums

So at my gig last night there's this big weird dude (other than me) kind of gravitating toward the stage. The bandleader seemed to know the guy a little bit and was bantering back and forth with him. There was a strange energy being emitted from this person but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Fast-forward to second set. This guy proceeds to commandeer the stage and he starts singing in 80's metal fashion. Ugh. I mean, it's OK but this strange energy that he's got......it's wound tight, it's intensely black, and not real comfortable at all. Then he drags his friend up who "sings with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra"....OK....I'm waiting for some brilliance to step forth at this point.

The supposed singer from TSO is a piece of work. He comes up to the mic and starts to bellow out "Bad Company" (Paul Rogers) and he starts with the wrong words. See, when I play a song I hear the song and go with that. This guy just started me in a totally wrong place and as a result, the song kind of went to shit. So he's trying to get me to
slow down from the groove I'm on (which is the tempo of the song, at least I've got that nailed)....but I'm not budging. His energy was throwing me way off balance! So dude starts making these mock swings at my head as if it were a punching bag....he obviously has no idea the short fuse he is playing with at this point as it'd be real shameful if the butt end of a 2B were to end up in his nutsack and completely on accident because he's standing ***_*** that close to me. A complete pompous ass he was and if DBK were there I'da sicced him on them. :)

Come to find out the frenetic energy that was being pushed forth was a product of crystal meth. Man I cannot STAND THAT STUFF. It just ruins anything that is remotely decent. As a result, I spent the next 1/2 hour on break "decompressing" from the run-amok vibe that these two people polluted our stage with. And shame on the bandleader for entertaining such assholes. I'm not a regular member of the band and now I'm for sure not a regular member. :)

OK rant over! Have a good day!

rufus4dagruv

Brutal, man.

Our Wednesday verticals have brought out some strange characters, but because it's all Reggae, there's usually not too much coke or meth around.

One broad comes up to us as we walk into the room and is all over the lead singer and I telling us to start playing, yadda yadda. Keep in mind, our jackets are still on and we just walked in with instrument cases in our hands. She starts going on how she's a singer who recorded at Berkeley ( :roll: ) and she'll run our cables. Thanks, but no thanks. If she was a little better looking, it would have been much easier to deal with, but buttahface wasn't impressing anyone.

At one point during the 2nd set, she comes onstage and puts her arms around my singer, who's also playing rhythm guitar at this point. He's got dreads, so he starts to shake his head and the dreads smash her right on the side of her head. She stumbles a bit and then walks off stage. It was priceless. Not a word need be said.

There was also bongo man who insisted on playing during our 2nd and 3rd sets and the super drunk old dude, bouncing off of everyone trying to dance and spilling every drink he consumes. Ah, bars in college towns. Good times, good times.

Rockula!

I used to live in a warehouse in the industrial section of Dallas that was run by an art collective called Moontunes Industries
For those of you who know Dallas, it is in the same area as Gilleys, Poor David's and that HUGE police station
It was not common to hear loud noises coning from the different sections of the main warehouse (we lived in the office rooms at the front of the building)
I'd wake up and find somone doing the most insane shit like filming stop motion video or firing guns at banks of dead TVs and computer monitors found on the street
My topless dancer girlfriend at the time who, upon watching all of this stuff, stated "You live with a bunch of tweakers don't you?"
I replied that I had no idea because I had never seen them doing speed (just drinking and smoking weed)
She explained the behavior because she knew it firsthand and it made total sense to me
These guys would stay up all night making all of these bizarre visual and sound sculptures by hand (using analog equipment like video cameras and VHS decks) which is incredibly time consuming

This eventually inspired me to take the divergent direction I am currently pursuing
I cannot say that I never dabbled in speed myself but have not done an art while partaking
Most weaklings cannot get involved with meth without losing themselves in it
I can't say I won't dabble again but I completely understand the rammifications of usage
Drunk people piss me off waaaay more than tweakers because I am subjected to their behavior in larger numbers
However, tweekers do tend to act n a more desparate manner when they lose themselves
I don't see many drunks breaking into my car

BillRayDrums

Rockula!":qrezjwzm said:
I used to live in a warehouse in the industrial section of Dallas that was run by an art collective called Moontunes Industries
For those of you who know Dallas, it is in the same area as Gilleys, Poor David's and that HUGE police station
It was not common to hear loud noises coning from the different sections of the main warehouse (we lived in the office rooms at the front of the building)
I'd wake up and find somone doing the most insane shit like filming stop motion video or firing guns at banks of dead TVs and computer monitors found on the street
My topless dancer girlfriend at the time who, upon watching all of this stuff, stated "You live with a bunch of tweakers don't you?"
I replied that I had no idea because I had never seen them doing speed (just drinking and smoking weed)
She explained the behavior because she knew it firsthand and it made total sense to me
These guys would stay up all night making all of these bizarre visual and sound sculptures by hand (using analog equipment like video cameras and VHS decks) which is incredibly time consuming

This eventually inspired me to take the divergent direction I am currently pursuing
I cannot say that I never dabbled in speed myself but have not done an art while partaking
Most weaklings cannot get involved with meth without losing themselves in it
I can't say I won't dabble again but I completely understand the rammifications of usage
Drunk people piss me off waaaay more than tweakers because I am subjected to their behavior in larger numbers
However, tweekers do tend to act n a more desparate manner when they lose themselves
I don't see many drunks breaking into my car
Meth (indirectly) killed my sister so I am very much opposed to it. I don't like it or it's subscribers anywhere near me. Stuff starts growing legs & walking off around those types.

Rockula!

I can understand your attiudes regarding meth but it is like any other things that can affect someone else's life
I have a freind who was indirectly killed by a cell phone (hit by distracted driver)
I have several friends that were directly killed by the current administration's war in Iraq
Although my intent is not to belittle your experience, the fact remains that no one thing is responsible for the effect it has on people
It is the people who affect other people
The proof is all around you in the millions of people who act responsibly no matter what their situation is

SmellsLikeIan

Yup. I live in the middle of nowhere, which may seem like the place to be if you want to avoid having your shit stolen by some useless crank fiend, but the simple lack of police makes the place I call home a fertile breeding ground for thieving skitzers and dope cooks. I'm no angel, and in my late teens on up to about twenty two I did it a few times. But, having seen firsthand what it has done to people I have grown up with and care deeply for, I can honestly say that speed is a drug which has no redeeming value.

anhydrous ammonia
lithium batteries
starter fluid
coleman lantern fluid
ether
ephedrine tablets

These are some of the ingredients used to make this crap. I know because I know several people who have made it themselves (and done prison time because of it). I don't want any of this shit in my body, so why should I trust some jackass to mix it all up in his trailer house in the woods and sell it to me for $100 a gram?

Timekeep69

When I lived in Spring Valley, my neighbor had a guy who lived in their backyard who used to do meth all the time. He would come over to my house threatening me because he hallucinated that people were calling his name from my garage. I almost shot him twice.

SmellsLikeIan

Too bad you didn't.

Actually I shouldn't say that. I've known a few decent people who have been dragged down by the "meth monster". Some people can be turned around and should be given some help if they want it. I'm just sick of seeing the same jackasses for 10 years around my hometown committing petty crimes to support heir drug habit.

BillRayDrums

Rockula!":2zljxi0i said:
I can understand your attiudes regarding meth but it is like any other things that can affect someone else's life
I have a freind who was indirectly killed by a cell phone (hit by distracted driver)
I have several friends that were directly killed by the current administration's war in Iraq
Although my intent is not to belittle your experience, the fact remains that no one thing is responsible for the effect it has on people
It is the people who affect other people
The proof is all around you in the millions of people who act responsibly no matter what their situation is
My rule is to simply avoid those types. I don't care what they do in their time, just as long as it does not affect me. I don't hang out in the bath houses either but if anyone cares to, then more power to 'em. Every individual is different. I wouldn't judge anyone for the color of their skin, their heritage, whether they had a hooked nose or cloven feet. Doesn't matter to me. We all bleed the same color blood whether we think the same thoughts.

And I grew up in the heart of racism so I know of what I speak. Bigotry is no good, no how, no way.

SmellsLikeIan

Yeah, racial slurs are hard to defend. Just ask Don Imus...Or the Kelly whatever girl on golf channel who is currently being targeted by Al Sharpton. Even if you're right you're wrong.

Gabimo

some other guy posted something about naked meth high guy ran and jumped on his set a while ago.. it bummed me out, this did too!! :( :(

I'm pretty sure meth isn't even a problem near me, i dont hear about it, and its not in the paper

BillRayDrums

Gabimo":27quulrc said:
some other guy posted something about naked meth high guy ran and jumped on his set a while ago.. it bummed me out, this did too!! :( :(

I'm pretty sure meth isn't even a problem near me, i dont hear about it, and its not in the paper
Q- do semi trucks run through your town, and make stops?
A- then you meth has been introduced to your community.

stump

You need not guess my point of view on meth. It is the new mainstream high that is poisoning our world...amongst other things. It's addiction is one of the highest ever seen and the chemicals used to make it are the deadliest. How you put that in your body I can not phathom. I have a friend (Officer) that was shot, and survived, because on his day off he was 4-wheeling and rolled up on a meth lab. Friend shot = 2 day man hunt. 2 day man hunt = 1 P.O.S. in jail. No love for Meth or users! Go elsewhere! Peace on ya! ...not the meth-heads!

Timekeep69

Tweakers suck. My ex girlfriend was a tweaker, she drove me nuts.

I used to work with a guy who tweaked, he missed EVERY Monday & Friday.