ever tried?....

Potatoe Snack

I got myself a stagg 6'' ice bell and i didn't have any stands or anything to put it on. I was lookin around and to stack it on top of the ride would defeat my purpose of having two bell sounds and on top of crashes, in which i see many people do, is too out of the way. so i tried stackin on top of the hi hat with some felts in between and its actually really cool. the only problem is sometimes the stick gets caught under it, but i'm sure i'll be able to avoid that after doing it awhile. i can come up with cool beats and such with hihat splash and the bell. its fun.

Brother_Bong

I used to put one on top of my ride, but like you said, blocks the bell. Now I just boom it in over the back of the ride, so I can get both bell sounds in close distance.

TheYardstick

I'm going to get some Black Metal Bells once I can afford them.

I heard they are lots of fun to experiment with and make excellent mini-hats.

Potatoe Snack

TheYardstick":3npp3qbh said:

what are those?

SINISTER

devilspain":n6p2hvvs said:
get a cheap boom arm! lol problem solved. can then place it anywhere on the kit!!
Haha hell yeah no shit right......$20 and everyones happy....... :lol:

JasonS2C

I have a 6" Zil-Bel stacked on a splash by my hats. Works great as long as theres felt between the 2 and a little play in the wingnut.

TheYardstick

Potatoe Snack":3s0zmbxq said:
TheYardstick":3s0zmbxq said:

what are those?
Basically they are Ice Bells with a layer of some black substance over the top and the actual bronze is exposed underneath.

There's a review in the Progressive issue of Modern Drummer.

dbkman

ya man i heard what you do with that little thing on top of your hats, thats sick bro. definitely keep it