Ever have an off day?

likelight2flies

When nothing seems to flow together...your legs dont move as fast as the day before or two days before....you just can't seem to play as well as you did the day before? i noticed that somedays i sound awesome and other days i sounds like crap and just can't seem to get anything going? anyone else ever have one of those days?

drumschick07

Yeah, I have those days all the time. Like you said sometimes your feet will feel really fast, you have great timing, everythings going good and then the next day you feel like you suck. I think everyone has these days. Sometimes I can play 2 or more hours, and then others I get so aggravated with myself I can hardly play an hour.

Scott_Hurford

likelight2flies":2o2v9bd6 said:
When nothing seems to flow together...your legs dont move as fast as the day before or two days before....you just can't seem to play as well as you did the day before? i noticed that somedays i sound awesome and other days i sounds like crap and just can't seem to get anything going? anyone else ever have one of those days?
to be honest, theres only one answer for this question that your asking..
YES haha, everyone has one of these days dude, dont worry about a thing, it happens, its happened to me countless times b4.

demonicAngel

that's why you shouldn't always 24/7 drum drum drum, gotta let loose some days, and get back to it later.

*The only people that dont have those days, are the people that cant even realise there playing badly.

writheindecay

likelight2flies":2g5r9oa4 said:

i dont ever not have one of those days, unfortunately.

:(

UnKnown

Our mood changes everyday, just like weather. One day we would like to play fast songs and the other day we would like to play slow songs.

ultrastu

i think it is a good test of what your fundamentals are because when you have a bad day you know that what you are playing you can play in the worst circumstances. And also i have realized that sometimes it is just a mental thing and you are actually sometimes playing better than you think. I always try and record myself when i'm like this to see if it is the case.

rto254425

i think everyone has "bad days". hopefully they are in the practice/rehearsal space, and not at the gig.

there are times where you don't feel your best. in a hurry and can't warm up properly. it happens. like any athletic endevour, playing the drums is athletic, and can't practice every single day without having bad days.

now if you are having 2,3,4 bad days in a row. that could be something else.

have fun, beatin the drums.

Ruben

WhiteOleander

haha iv had several, some days I feel like gods gift to music, and others I feel like a 5yearold could put me to shame =) c'est la vie

Groove

All. The. Time.

Usually happens when I don't practice for a couple of days or my mind is totally on something else (aka stressed).

B-RAD52

Everyone has those, its being human. I have those all the time, but I find it best to not play for a few days, then to come back to it and just jam. After about a 20 minute jam session, I begin to actually practice. Everyone has these bad days, even the pros, the only thing is that theirs are few and far between.

kc1296426

writheindecay":12cgztv8 said:
likelight2flies":12cgztv8 said:

i dont ever not have one of those days, unfortunately.

:(
Same, sucks. =(