Votes: 0 0.0%
  • either, both as good as each other.

• neither, stick to what you got...

• Total voters

Naomi McFadyen

OK, simple poll....or is it?

I currently use Remo Pinstripes but am considering giving Evans a try this time round.... I've heard good talk about the G2s and so have been looking in to them, but now I'm seeing a lot of people praising the EC2s and never returning to another head....

SO! Majority will convince me what head to get..... get voting - opinions also welcome, especially if you've used both :)

Cheers!

FelterSkelter

I have the EC2 Reverse Dot Coated on my snare and I'm in love. I wouldn't put them on my toms but only because it's not my preffered sound on toms. I like quick decay and have found hydraulics work the best for this.

xdoseonex

i think moast of the peole that say "go with the -insert drumhead here-" are personally using that head at the moment and arent really comparing it to the heads were talking about, i have personally compaered remo emprors to evans ec2's and i have to say not only to the ec2 sound better. theres not even any type of comparison. and i dont think anone who has shinned a set with emporors and then skinned that same set with ec2;s would ever pick the emporors. the remo emporors choke at high tunings and go flat at low tunings, they have ugly overtones sometimes. the ec2's are some of the most amazing heads i'v ever heard. evans is obviously using technology to theyre advantage, while remo is going tottaly old school on us.
ones about technology and ones about tradition. but remember guys.

TRADITION IS THE OPPOSITE OF PROGRESSION

Listen to your ears

Naomi McFadyen

xdoseonex":xpydi08x said:
i think moast of the peole that say "go with the -insert drumhead here-" are personally using that head at the moment and arent really comparing it to the heads were talking about,
Agree totally xdoseonex.... thanks for your input :)

drummer912

i use coated ec2's on my toms and get a great low, warm tone. they make my 16 floor tom growl lol. i must say as far as remo, i've only used their encore line (just saw a pack at wal mart for 20 bux, so i got it) so i can't say much for tht company. although, i love their ambassador, thts wht i use on my snare.

Naomi McFadyen

drummer912":uxiovyt3 said:
i use coated ec2's on my toms and get a great low, warm tone. they make my 16 floor tom growl lol. i must say as far as remo, i've only used their encore line (just saw a pack at wal mart for 20 bux, so i got it) so i can't say much for tht company. although, i love their ambassador, thts wht i use on my snare.
Yea I use the coated ambassador on my snare too and it's great....

Is there a great difference between the coated EC2s and the uncoated?? I've never liked the look or feel of coated heads for toms.

xdoseonex

the coated ec2's arent coated the way normal coated heads are coated. . theyre coated with a light hazy coating that coats the head without choking it. you can almost see through the coat of coating

drummer912

xdoseonex":3768jvj0 said:
the coated ec2's arent coated the way normal coated heads are coated. . theyre coated with a light hazy coating that coats the head without choking it. you can almost see through the coat of coating
exactly. i ordered the noncoated, but musiciansfriend sent me the coated anyway. i havent used the noncoated ec2s, so i cant speak for them.

iatemygoat

ive heard a lot about both of these heads but was wondering if their good for metal drumming?

also im thinking of reheading my whole kit including resonant(cuz i still have factory heads on the resonant side) so whats a good combination of heads to use?

for a sample of what kind of tom sound i want check out this band

www.myspace.com/despisedicon and check out the first song on their player. theres a bunch of fills in the very beginning

Naomi McFadyen

anymore opinions??? I'd like to make a decision by the end of the week........ I'm still unsure but EC2s seem to be the winner here but it's not a far enough lead in the poll.....

anavrinIV

i use coated g2s and couldnt be happier. coated heads give your drums a deeper, warmer sound than their their clear counterpart. as far as ec2s, ive never had them on my drums personally but ive played them and they do sound good, but i like the resonance that the g2s have. ec2s will be a little deeper than g2s but they lack some of the resonance that give your drums a more full sound. if youre going for a thump like xdoseonex then, by all means, get ec2s. if you want more resonance and a more open, full sound then g2s will work perfectly for you. whichever heads you want will work for you.

Rob the Drummer

I prefer G2's coated or clear. I like the resonance better than the EC2's. If you want a more focused attack without the sustain, get the EC2's.

Naomi McFadyen

Rob the Drummer":wq4r93u8 said:
I prefer G2's coated or clear. I like the resonance better than the EC2's. If you want a more focused attack without the sustain, get the EC2's.
to sustain or not sustain... vat is vee question............. *thinks*

galgano16

i prefer regular g2s, they seem 2 both b similar, just with the addition of the overtone rings, but i just use moongels 4 tht and it just seems fine