Evans G2 Coated

DRUMSMYWIFE

Switchin' back to Evans G2 Coated after a long 10 months with Ec2 Coateds on toms and snare. Ec2 Coateds rawked but I wanted a differentsound. For me switching different Evans Heads is good after that I'll probably go back to Ec2 Clears. But yeah Evans blows Remo's Underpants off!

AmnestysLowEnd

I am starting to lean towards Evans and Aquarian more than Remo lately my self. I was a long time hardcore Remo fan but I've got to say Evans is all over my kit except from my snares (until I get a chance to hit up GC) and their innovation is amazing!

But I think what really got me was their mylar's "feel", its softer yet still retains great rebound.

randomdrum

I was gonna start this topic! Haha, odd

I just put some coated G2s on my M Birch, and it sounds absolutely mint. I'm sold on coated heads I think.

Brian L

I am curious about tring some Coated Evans heads. I probably wont do this for a very long time. Considering it took me so long to tune my pinstripes to where im happy with them. but when i completely re do my heads in the future. thinking about tring the G2s.

that-guy

i just switched to G2 Coateds after using Genera g2 clears and before that the ec2 clears.
I love the coated heads though. IMO they sounded even better with a pack of Rem-O's on them. Just took them into the studio and they sounded MEAN!
I have a remo CS on the snare which i have used for years now.

pow3rtr1p

I switched my Floor Tom from an Aquarian Response II to a G2 coated, and the G2 is much more musical, IMHO. The Aquarian was great for metal / heavier rock, but the G2 is better for a Lighter Rock, Darker, Moodier music. But, that's not to say it couldn't hold its own in metal, too.

tero

really liked my g2s. but now i have a remo combination (emperor/ambasador) and i love them. best heads i've ever tried.

kansasdrummer

I just bought a fusion pack of g2 coateds. Right now i have Coated Ec2's over clear ambassadors on my pdp set. sounds good, but the EC2's are about a year old now..they have held up great but are loosing there tone. I have the EMAD2 on the bass...sounds NICE, and on my odcp snare i have an evans genera dry. On my rogers/ludwig mut i have all REMO, coated emperors over clear ambassadors. Gives a nice..sort of older sound that goes great with jazz. I will get the G2 coateds on tomorow and tune them up..lookin foward to it.

jnewlon_drum

AmnestysLowEnd":3rbgfoio said:
I am starting to lean towards Evans and Aquarian more than Remo lately my self. I was a long time hardcore Remo fan but I've got to say Evans is all over my kit except from my snares (until I get a chance to hit up GC) and their innovation is amazing!

But I think what really got me was their mylar's "feel", its softer yet still retains great rebound.

i started out using remo heads then found out that evans has a huge variety of different kinds of heads...u can find the sound u like using evans heads...
but i still prefer remo snare heads over evans any day...exspecially after marching snare and using a remo vs. evans marching head...theres a biiiggg difference lol

TamaDude

I love Evans heads. They're on every one of my drums. I have different heads on each of my kits depending on what kind of sound I want.

The G+ heads are awsome for recording so I use them on the studio kit. The coated G2's are simply amazing on the Birch/Bubinga kit.