evans g2 coated batter heads

brian

are they any good? i have an export that needs new heads really bad! and i dont like pinstripes.

screamkevin

Evans makes fine drumheads. If a coated batter is what you are going for, you certainly can't go wrong with the Evans G2. Also check out Attack Drumheads. They have several different styles that might fit you needs, and they are way less expensive than Evans, Remo, or Aquarian.

anavrinIV

i play g2 coateds and they are great. the have an amazing warmth to them but they also have a lot of attack and resonate freely. you really cant go wrong with these.

ShadowDrummer

G2 Coats are good.Extremely warm sounding but they dound project as much as the G2 clears.Those things DESTROY and oh God the TONE!!!!So deep.....mwhuhuhahahaha :evil:

sfboles

Actually. I've used Evans G2's for the longest time... top and bottom... but I just picked up the new Evans EC2 and it is absolutely bad ass. They are coated but not white coated, and they have a super thin metal strip that acts as an overtone controller. GREAT heads for toms and snare.

Conor

i played these at a guitar centerone time. these are probably one of the WORST drum heads i have ever heard. they sound really really dead. but hey, they didnt hve any overtones, like the uncoated variation. i would go with remo emporers. they have great durability, along with sound. i find that evens go out of tune fast and dent easily.

anavrinIV

Conor":1s1nnjpf said:
i played these at a guitar centerone time. these are probably one of the WORST drum heads i have ever heard. they sound really really dead. but hey, they didnt hve any overtones, like the uncoated variation. i would go with remo emporers. they have great durability, along with sound. i find that evens go out of tune fast and dent easily.
next time tune them. ive never had a problem with evans going out of tune and ive never dented a 2 ply evans head with normal playing (although i did dent my snare head trying to figure out how mike portnoy bounces his sticks so high off his snare, and straight up).

h8eternal

next time tune them. ive never had a problem with evans going out of tune and ive never dented a 2 ply evans head with normal playing (although i did dent my snare head trying to figure out how mike portnoy bounces his sticks so high off his snare, and straight up).
lofl, i just choked on my food.
reason why i find that so funny is cause i was trying that last week, and got nowhere.

anavrinIV

h8eternal":3c4mxojw said:
lofl, i just choked on my food.
reason why i find that so funny is cause i was trying that last week, and got nowhere.
i got it a few times but i about killed my snare head trying it. and with an 8 foot ceiling i run the risk of putting some serious dents in it, so i gave up my attempt.

Howepirate

G'2s can be tuned to dead heads or the warmest sounding heads with the best projection out there for coated heads. They feel nice and the coating doesn't wear off at all or near as fast as remo's do