Evans EQ3 or E-MAD

TamaSwngstr121

i cant decide which evans bass drum head i want to go with...i want either the EQ3 or the E-MAD....which one is better for rock/metal/progressive?

EMAD / rEMAD

and a very thin sheet in the bassdrum so its just about touching the heads. amazing sound. made my old CB bass drum shake the house....well...close ennough :p

EKoolaidsDrummer

I LOVE the sound of the EMAD but it still had a little bit too much "Boom" for me so that prompted me to "bootleg" an Emad onto a blue hydraulic so I could get a little more "MMMMFFFFF" and low end punch.....(and match the color scheme of my kit)

But now I see they make 2 ply EMADS......Great move.....

downshifter99

drummert2k":23dr0kq8 said:
Will":23dr0kq8 said:
Both!

EMAD batter, EQ3 reso.
YES!!
Yes,......That's my set-up and everyone that heres my drums tell me that's the best sounding bass drum they've ever heard!!

If the friends/fans say it,...then it must be so. :idea:

drummerkev

Friend,
I use the E-Mad and I love it! It took a while to brake in just right but it is a monster! I can get almost any sound out of it that I require. It is a good solid kit drum head.

drummerboi

I personnaly use the EMAD... one time when I was working at gutiar center.... we took two emads and put them on a peice o' crapola kick (one on batter and one on resonant) and it sounded FREAKIN AWSOME!!! yea....we were bored.

TamaSwngstr121

Hey guys i thank you so much for all your input...i ended up getting the EMAD and plan on getting a EQ3 reso soon...and even with my stock Tama head, the emad sounds AMAZING!!!

THANKS!!!

quikstang2

If my Rockstar set doesn't sell soon I'll just hold onto it and do the Emad/EQ3 deal like the rest of you.
Good question Swngstr

Multibomber

So what kinda tension do you EMAD users use for your EMAD and EQ3 reso?? Rigth now I use DW heads for batter and reso, and my kick sounds quite good, but I think it could be better.

I tension the batter DW head at 3/4 or a turn past finger tight, and the DW reso head with 4" hole at 1/2 turn past finger tight.

Multibomber

Anyone?? Anyone?? Also, is the 2-ply EMAD better than the Coated EMAD? And which EQ3 reso are you guys using? BLack? Frosted? Smooth White? Coated White?