Evans EQ Series

I'm currently using the Emad 2 as my batter head for my bass drum and I have a few questions about other Evans Bass drum heads. With The Emad I get a real punchy tune but I'm looking for a head that I can get a great boom out of and still get a punchy sound through internal muffling. I was wondering about the EQ4 with the thin plastic ring on the inside of the head. Has anyone used this head, and if so, what did you think, thanks,

Jordan

DRUMSMYWIFE

Look no further than the Evans EQ2 It lets your head breathe more than the EMAD 2 But I'd say keep the EMAD 2 they rock.

EOTE_drummer

x_dont_even_ask_x":201ulsgd said:
I'm currently using the Emad 2 as my batter head for my bass drum and I have a few questions about other Evans Bass drum heads. With The Emad I get a real punchy tune but I'm looking for a head that I can get a great boom out of and still get a punchy sound through internal muffling. I was wondering about the EQ4 with the thin plastic ring on the inside of the head. Has anyone used this head, and if so, what did you think, thanks,

Jordan
ive used emad 1 and 2 and i like the eq4 better. it gives you JUST what you described you wanted. best boom ive heard.

DRUMSMYWIFE

Get the EQ2 it's the best head besides EMAD2 because it hase an remeovable ring with vent holes so youdon't need a pillow!

J-rod

ive been using an evans eq3 on my 22x18 inch kick for a few months now and i love it, the eq series is the way to go

dedrummervanrolf

bodiesablaze805":3vos1wbv said:
true, but i also dont use a pillow with my emad and it sounds like a monster, and the bass on that certain kit is only 22x16
I play an Emad right now, with an Ambassador bass up front, on a 22x14" kick, no pillows or whatever, and sounds amazing