evans ec2

gnich198

i just got these heads in and i believe them to be one of the better heads that evans has made. i keep mined tuned really low and the attack is awesome and they resonante just the right amount. i think that evans has gotten a real winner here. has anyone else used them and if so how do you tune them and how do you like them?

m

I compared the EC2 w/ the G2 model; I've got 2 x 12" tama birch toms, so I'm able to tune them up the same and get a side-by-side comparison.
To me, I didn't hear much difference between them. I think whatever effect the control ring is having must be quite subtle.
I love the tone of G2s, so the EC2 is fine with me as well. I like a tight tension, but generally try to tune the head to its sweet spot, wherever that happens to be.
Since I've got 2 of the same size toms, if I have them both on the kit I tend to tune the one w/ the EC2 a little lower.

Rob Crisp

I've switched from G2's to EC2's and I have to say i love them!

I can get just the right sound from them now and they don't need any dampening either! I know partly that's the drums but I think they sound sweet.

I do use G2's however, on the bottom.

xdoseonex

Rob Crisp":l4mu53n9 said:

I can get just the right sound from them now and they don't need any dampening either! I know partly that's the drums but I think they sound sweet.

try 1 ply heads on the bottom. i think they sound MUCH better

gnich198

^^i use hydraulics on the bottom and it really brings out some of the lower over tones. makes em sound great!

Rob Crisp

xdoseonex":2swbhlq9 said:
Rob Crisp":2swbhlq9 said:

try 1 ply heads on the bottom. i think they sound MUCH better
I've just changed the G1's for G2's, for recording and I was very happy with the way they sounded. I kept the G1's safe though, I'm gonna be chopping and changing I think depending on what sound I want!