Enforcer

Nessmaster

It's come time for me to get a drum set at my home so I can practice more often when I don't have the time or option to go over to my friends house and play. The local music shop here on the island is willing to sell me an Enforcer drum set for $200. Now this set I will have at home doesn't need to be top notch or anything. Just something I can practice on and mess around with, but I also don't want to be playing on something that's complete crap especially if I just spent $200 on it. So what do you guys think? I've never heard of Enforcer up until now and I think it's a subdivision of some other drum company. Should I invest more money into a used but more well known drum set?

P.S. It looks like this: http://drumnetwork.com/store/item4a.htm

NG1284

Never heard of it, but it seems just like every other low end Peavey/Percussion Plus/Pulse/brand-x set.

Drumosaurus

go for a mapex M-birch..they wont cost too much, and are decent kits.
You get what you pay for in drumming.
Check out some of the PDP sets there great and dont cost a ton
of money.
stop pushing the products you use and/or endorsed by guys. If you guys read his post, he says "i just want a kit to mess around on". the kit seems fine to me. get it

Brother_Bong

Drumosaurus":25kmdo9o said:
of money.
stop pushing the products you use and/or endorsed by guys. If you guys read his post, he says "i just want a kit to mess around on". the kit seems fine to me. get it
WOW! Drumosaurus with the Norris roundhouse!

Howepirate

Drumosaurus":2nwqtbkq said:
of money.
IF YOU DIDN'T NOTICE.
< THIS DUDE PLAYS LUDWIG.

Wow, please be cautious and not blatantly throw yourself out there to prove a point.

NG1284

Howepirate":395pbbme said:
NG1284":395pbbme said:
michiganice91":395pbbme said:
But they're over 3 times the price :?
Yeah, but why would you recommend a 700$ set to someone looking at a 200$ price range?

Nessmaster

Hehe, I think I am going to get this kit :lol: I mean I mainly need it so that whenever I have the urge to play I don't have to drive out to my friends house which is 15 minutes away and bother him and his family by playing. I just wanted to know if anyone had something absolutely terrible to say about getting this kit or if somone knew of a better kit for pretty much the same price.

NG1284

Nessmaster":14hne94l said:
Hehe, I think I am going to get this kit :lol: I mean I mainly need it so that whenever I have the urge to play I don't have to drive out to my friends house which is 15 minutes away and bother him and his family by playing. I just wanted to know if anyone had something absolutely terrible to say about getting this kit or if somone knew of a better kit for pretty much the same price.
Nah, if it's just an emergency jam type of situation, why not! It's not going to sound great, but a set's a set.

cableman26

I get what your saying with wanting a kit right now and all. Think about this though, once you get to play one all the time and you own it you become very skeptical. You'll want it to sound like your favorite drummers kit and you'll never get that with this type of kit. If I were you I'd just save up for a decent one you'll be happy with for a few years. Then you can sell it and buy something even better. Good luck selling something that most people haven't heard of. It sucks sometimes but you have to think of things in the long term. Start with a good kit and then get a better kit. But you know, it's your call, your money and don't let me or anyone else tell you how to spend it.