ENdurance Help

iampoor

Hi

I need some help developing hand endurance. What excersies help the most? My wrists are very strong but my arms are not. Also are there any good ankel strengthing excersises?

TheYardstick

iampoor":2tcioqay said:
Hi

I need some help developing hand endurance. What excersies help the most? My wrists are very strong but my arms are not. Also are there any good ankel strengthing excersises?

It surely isn't the fastest way, but it was the most fun for me.

To build up endurance I played along to Run To The Hills quite a bit at the start, then I started to play through entire albums of Thrash bands like Testament and oooooold Metallica. I also palyed quite a bit of Iron Maiden.

I'm no expert on the matter, that's just how I roll :lol:

Empyrean Drums

The routine Derek Roddy laid out in his video works great.
Set up a metronome and a timer, then work on sticking with each hand, then each foot, then your hands and feet together. Start with four on a hand for two minutes (rrrr llll rrrr llll rrrr llll). Then 8 (rrrrrrrr llllllll rrrrrrrr llllllll rrrrrrrr llllllll),12, and 16. After that, do a single stroke roll for 2 minutes.
Like this it’s a 15 minute exercise, but I’m sure you can think of ways to add on.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qPFEP_stPGI&feature=related

BillRayDrums

The "Television method".

Whenever you are in front of the TV, have a pair of sticks in hand. Since developing endurance is basically just repetition, you can relax and take in a TV show (COPS, I'm still lookin' for Stump) while your hands feel as if they are gonna fall off.

Repetition is mindless work. Give your mind something to do while you are getting stronger.

TheYardstick

BillRayDrums":x1zc02hs said:
The "Television method".

Whenever you are in front of the TV, have a pair of sticks in hand. Since developing endurance is basically just repetition, you can relax and take in a TV show (COPS, I'm still lookin' for Stump) while your hands feel as if they are gonna fall off.

Repetition is mindless work. Give your mind something to do while you are getting stronger.
Yup, and you can do very much the same thing at your computer with your feet instead.

I know that whenever I'm on Xbox Live or WoW I constantly pound out 16th notes with my feet.

DrumsPlus

I found that the TV method works great but I also work on playing long sets for practice. I've done 2 hours straight before, and went from classical, to metal on the same CD. It helps breaks things up and can help get your timing down for just about anything.

DrumsPlus

iampoor":13iy9lyd said:
ah what If I do not watch Tv?

I know its sad...
Do anything that will take your mind off practicing. If you are just listening to music and doing single stroke rolls, it will help. I sometimes listen to the radio while just tapping with my left hand on a practice pad. It's helped my left hand a lot, but it's just plan boring if I'm not doing something.

chocobebear

practice with pillows...
this will help build endurance because pillows absorb the rebound and will cause you to produce extra effort in your single strokes