DW's new pedal

Leebodrummerman

yeah do any of you peoples have a set of the new 8000s? I am looking at getting my hands on some. Only problem is i havent seen them in any of the australian shops. But Im thinking it may be cheaper to get them online anyway, what with the way the aussie dollars going at the moment.
But yeah, can anybody perhaps shed some light on this? Are they good? feel good? I believe they're quite cheap.

amontholdDrums

ha yeah.. i love dw pedals.. i got the 5000 and im totally happy with it.. but everytime i see the new ones.. i want it.. i played the 9000 for a jazz show i did and this guys set was amazing and had that pedal.. gah i fell in love..

thats cool..

LadyThunder

I hope the screw that connects the chain to the pedal isn't the sameas the 7000... If it is, it's worthless to me... Damn screw on the 7000 keeps breaking on me... I hate that pedal... Why they would put a cheap part in such a vital area of the pedal is beyond me.... :x

anavrinIV

tomeleefan":x9mnd4cx said:
is this pedal suppose to be better than the 9000?
i dont think so. if you go to dws site it says "the best of both the 5000 and 9000 series" but the 9000 is all around a better pedal so i have no idea what they were thinking. if it is supposed to be better it would also cost more, not less.

drumshark

It looks like its just an upgraded 5000, its probly smoother and more durable, so for 50 bucks more than the 5000, id go with this

PaulZILLA

actualy. occording to DW. its a cross between the 5000, 7000 and 9000. it has the Delta bearing system on the hinge for the footboard, the 9000s ball bearing and infinately adjustable cam, alot of that stuff. and a custom diamondplate base plate. it also hasthe marks on the side that adjust the camangle. its all around a really nice theory and design. i personaly can not wait to try one at a local drumshop. they are custom ordering itjust because they are a dw/pdp dealer and have every othe rproduct including some of the gold hardware. i cant wait. ill be sure to let yall know.

BadAndy

Alot of people who play barefooted or in just socks disliked the 9000's inside spring set up as it shredded their skin/feet/toes and drew blood...it looks like DW has addressed this problem as the springs are outside like on the 5000's but have added alot of the neat goodies that come on the 9000's.

Steaky

anavrinIV":m2981xwz said:
tomeleefan":m2981xwz said:
is this pedal suppose to be better than the 9000?
i dont think so. if you go to dws site it says "the best of both the 5000 and 9000 series" but the 9000 is all around a better pedal so i have no idea what they were thinking. if it is supposed to be better it would also cost more, not less.
I got 9000 on my touring kit and 5000 on my practice kit at home, I feel that maybe just.......the 5000 feels exactly the same as the 9000. Sorry DW but got them set just nice for me and I can't tell the difference. I think it's all just for looks. I still prefer DW to other makes, although Pearl eliminators would come in a very very close second. IC's are a bit clumsy for me.