DW or Mapex

drumshark

Im looking at 2 pedals the Mapex P580A

http://music123.com/Mapex-P580A-Chain-D ... 3662.music

and the DW 4000, not many people have experience with Mapex pedals even though their really nice, (i currently use one of their single pedals and love it) but i wanna know which one you think i should get, i cant find any useful, reviews of the Mapex online and would like to hear from anyone who owns one.

stump

Agreed! You can get the 7002-PT rather than the 4002 for about $40-$50 more. Haven't used the mapex pedals so can't help you there dude. Good luck!

markmywords

mapex over a 4002 but not overa 7002. then once you go from 7002 to 5002 you'll just be so much more enthralled. I might move up to 9002 but my style doesn't require double bass all the time.

xdoseonex

if you have a pedal to use already just keep saving and get a dw 9000, trick(VERY expensive but easily the most advanced pedal in the world), or an axis. anything less and your probly gonna eventually want a new one. but if you go with the dw 9000, trick, or the axis it'll be the last pedal you'll ever buy, cuz anything else would be going downhill

EyeJuan2Rock

Howepirate said:
Save up and get the DW 7000's cuz their the best bang-for-buck pedal out there i promise.
Wow, it is really great to hear some positive feedback on this pedal. I have one, but I don't play that often, and I guess I'm still getting used to it. Maybe it's still getting "broken-in"... Anyway, my wife cringes every time I talk about spending more $ on this stuff, so maybe I'll stick w/this one for a while and see how it works out.

Never owned a Mapex pedal, so sorry no help there. But the DW7000 I have is pretty adequate for the mostly "in the pocket" drumming I do, if that helps.

iatemygoat

drummer912":2jj6jwx7 said:
i would save up and get something that will last and perform well like the cobras or 5002's.
agreed, i hated the 7000s and my 5000'a lasted me quite a long time. i hope my axis last me even longer.

Portnoy4596

xdoseonex":2rflj9h2 said:
if you have a pedal to use already just keep saving and get a dw 9000, trick(VERY expensive but easily the most advanced pedal in the world), or an axis. anything less and your probly gonna eventually want a new one. but if you go with the dw 9000, trick, or the axis it'll be the last pedal you'll ever buy, cuz anything else would be going downhill

I disagree I have owned 3 axis pedals broke all three in less than a week but the Dw 9000 I just got and it's by far the smoothest pedal I have ever played besides the iron cobra

demongod8

I think the best bang for your buck would have to be the Iron Cobra's man I've had my pedals for almost 4 years now and they are still going strong just like new , i mean there are better pedals out there such as the axis longboards and what not but i'd go with some cobras, the DW pedals in general are just way to over rated I've owned the 4002's 7002's, and the 5002's and none of them are as good as the cobra i'm sure the 9002's are a decent pedal but they are way over priced well they are for me anyways!! i mean the cobras have to be a good pedal Joey Jordison uses them, David silvera uses them and just alot of kick ass drummers use the cobra's when they could get any pedal they want. so that to me speaks for it self.. but its all up to you go to your nearest music store and try out some pedals and get the ones that feel the best to you!!

xdoseonex

Portnoy4596":3utenvb9 said:
xdoseonex":3utenvb9 said:

I disagree I have owned 3 axis pedals broke all three in less than a week but the Dw 9000 I just got and it's by far the smoothest pedal I have ever played besides the iron cobra
theres something wrong with your foot technique if you broke 3 axis pedals in less than a week. plus whatever you broke axis will repair for peanuts. just pack it up and send it back to them

possum

i vote for the dw. i love my 5. its smooth and durable. i use to use the old Ludwig’s but i recently snagged a set of collectors and the 5 came with it. i've never looked back.

shadowuvaman

I rarely can ever say this about anything with drums... but I own both of these pedals. Go 7000. Don't get me wrong, I am a Mapex man... but the pedal broke in the first 2 days of play. Been using the 7000 for about 6 months and I can't find anything wrong with it.

scotttyrcha

I have to agree, go with the Iron Cobra. I've had the double pedal for over 4 years now. Still works like new, although I don't use it all that much anymore, but I liked it so much, I bought the single pedal Iron Cobra that I've had for about 3 years now and it's my main pedal! You can get em at a pretty reasonable price with a nice case too. Sure I'd love to buy the new TRICK pedal but, I don't have the over $700 for it!
Just my 2 cents