DW Neil Peart Kit

devilspain

oh very sexy :D holy poo you see those gold finished DW 9000 pedals comin witht he kit! this kit is practicaly a piece of very expensive jewellery. i would love to own.

The Alien Drummer

Thought I would add that I heard they were making 300 of these. I believe the hardware is 24k plated as oppossed to solid gold. Gold is pretty soft. The guy I talked to at guitar center got to see them being made when he won a trip to the DW shop.

m

it says only 30 of the NP kit are being made- better snag one fast!
and yes, the hardware is 24k gold-plated, not solid.

don't know what's up with the links to the pictures on Neil's site being diverted, that's really weird!
there's some good recent shots of his new DW kit miked up in the studio there in his 'news' section.

drumrdave

There are only 30 of these kits, not 300, being made. The hardware is standard DW 9000 Hardware, 24kt gold plated as opposed to chromed.

drkwb

I work at GC in Cincy. They made 30 kits. As of 12-19-06 there were only 3 left. 30k plus tax. 24k gold plated hardware. 14 cymbals, all the drums, no electronics. And no, you can't put it on your GC card.

Dale

To be honest, I think it's a bit strange that companies are making replicas of famous drummers personalised kits. Kits such as the Premier Moon kit. It's got WHO written all over it. Fair enough if you play in the WHO. Maybe even a WHO cover band.

But to each their own.

Shalaq

Dale":1gbdg3kb said:
To be honest, I think it's a bit strange that companies are making replicas of famous drummers personalised kits. Kits such as the Premier Moon kit. It's got WHO written all over it. Fair enough if you play in the WHO. Maybe even a WHO cover band.

But to each their own.
But these kits aren't for playing, they're a collectors item ;) I'd love to have a Premier Who kit, but for me it's completely unplayable.

Dale

Shalaq":1s21o158 said:
Dale":1s21o158 said:

But to each their own.
But these kits aren't for playing, they're a collectors item ;) I'd love to have a Premier Who kit, but for me it's completely unplayable.
Yeah, they'd make a lovely ornament. That's for sure! :D