DW drumsticks

m

anyone see these yet?
They're not marketing them under the DW name, it's got its own brand, something to do with 3 if I recall correctly, seeing as they are sold in a pack of THREE sticks instead of by pairs.
whatchya think about that?
I saw them at NAMM but didn't try them out, didn't look that special other than packing them in 3's.

I guess the gimmick is that when you break one, you've still got a matched pair left.
whatever

screamkevin

That's exactly what DW is doing, the brand is called (go figure): "3". And that is their main selling point, that if you break one, you still have a pair. They seem to be decent quality, they claim to be computer rolled and weight matched.

ROGUE

Aha....so thats what all the hoopla is about. I saw an ad in the January 2007 MD that reads, "You'll never buy another pair of drumsticks again". I've asked arround at the local music stores and noone seemed to know what I was talking about. I guess my origional impression that they were some kind of composite stick was all wrong. Oh well....sounds like a cool idea just the same. Now they just need to make a little easier to find.

pearldrumer

It sounds a little strange.. The 3 idea is pretty cool but the DW making sticks. O well. I like DW equipment and drums so it might be worth it

The Heel

If this is really such a brilliant idea... then maybe we should get some cash together and we'll come up with "4" and we'll have the gimmick...

"Even if you break two... YOU STILL HAVE A PAIR!!!"

Correct me if I'm wrong here.. but typically your sticks will wear relatively equal. So by the time a normal stick breaks... the other one is already on its way out anyway. I play many backbeat rim shots, and I'll often alternate sticks between hands to wear them evenly.

I just dont think this "3" idea is that great of an idea. Whether the sticks are crap or great is something altogether different... but this gimmick just seems completely hokey to me.

pearldrumer

The Heel Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:13 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is really such a brilliant idea... then maybe we should get some cash together and we'll come up with "4" and we'll have the gimmick...

"Even if you break two... YOU STILL HAVE A PAIR!!!"

Correct me if I'm wrong here.. but typically your sticks will wear relatively equal. So by the time a normal stick breaks... the other one is already on its way out anyway. I play many backbeat rim shots, and I'll often alternate sticks between hands to wear them evenly.

I just dont think this "3" idea is that great of an idea. Whether the sticks are crap or great is something altogether different... but this gimmick just seems completely hokey to me.
Thats what i was thinking. The used stick will feel different than the new stick and what will happen if you somehow break both sticks at once? You'll only be left with one stick and speaking of breaking sticks not to long ago i just broke a pair of crappy sound percussion sticks that i got for free

zen_drummer

The Heel":1gcedka4 said:
I never buy a pair of sticks... I get a brick of them, I unwrap all of 'em, shove 'em in the stick bag and grab the first two that my hand hits. They break one at a time and I never ever keep them in pairs.

The "3" idea is cool for one reason, fewer packages to unwrap!

The Heel

I also buy in bricks... but thats not what the concept is talking about. Hence my comment. Ya know?

DW is a good enough company that they dont need hokey advertisement schemes to sell their products.

So why would they go through the trouble if the sticks were as good as you would expect from them?