dw 9000 series hardware

im looking to replace all of my main hardware, double bass pedal, hit-hat stand, and 2 boom cymbal stands. i will add more later but for now i want to get the basis. i was looking to get top of the line stuff because i dont want to ever have to replace my hardware for a long time.

my first thought when i think of "top of the line", i think of dw and i know the stuff is great but i have never own anything from them so i wanna hear what you guys think about it and if its worth the money. i was also looking at tama and gibralter, but i was a little iffy if it would hold up for long time use. so i wanna hear your thoughts about the dw 9000 series hardware and also other companies hardware.

im in a band right now that plays shows about every week or every other week but it might get to the point where we might tour this summer. so i need equipment that wont fail me during a gig or practice.

thanks

-andrew

SGarrett

Outstanding gear and fairly heavy at an average of 10lbs. a stand. Only you can decide if it's worth it to you, though.

anavrinIV

tama drums and bmx rule":1gb6qgdx said:
anavrinIV":1gb6qgdx said:
tama gets my vote....roadpro is the best hardware i own.
do you like all of the features and everything on them?
i have no complaints at all about my hardware. its incredibly strong, light compared to dw hardware, and cheaper than dw. i have yet to find a combination of drums and cymbals (within reason) that will keep this stand from doing its job. ive had 2 toms (10x12 and 11x13) on a double tom mount with a multiclamp, an 18" crash, a 10" splash on an arm, and a 12" china on an arm mounted to the stand all at once and i never had a problem with strength or balance.

SGarrett

My hardware is...

2x Pearl B800 boom stands (one holds my two rack toms and an 18" crash, the other holds my 14" tom and a 19" crash)
1x Pearl B1000 boom stand (holds my ride)
1x DW9300 snare stand
1x DW5500L hihat stand
1x DW5000 single kick pedal

All in all, I don't have any complaints about any of the gear.

JasonS2C

I play all DW 9000 series hardware and 5000 series pedals. I love it. Its sturdy, consitent, and memory locks everywhere (Im anal about exact setup). I've used it for years through countless tours and have never had anything fail to perform properly. Its heavy, its expensive, and its worth every damn penny you'll pay for it.

skitch

tama drums and bmx rule":37tbq6fd said:
im looking to replace all of my main hardware, double bass pedal, hit-hat stand, and 2 boom cymbal stands. i will add more later but for now i want to get the basis. i was looking to get top of the line stuff because i dont want to ever have to replace my hardware for a long time.

my first thought when i think of "top of the line", i think of dw and i know the stuff is great but i have never own anything from them so i wanna hear what you guys think about it and if its worth the money. i was also looking at tama and gibralter, but i was a little iffy if it would hold up for long time use. so i wanna hear your thoughts about the dw 9000 series hardware and also other companies hardware.

im in a band right now that plays shows about every week or every other week but it might get to the point where we might tour this summer. so i need equipment that wont fail me during a gig or practice.

thanks

-andrew
Tama - cheaply made and has white metal in the threaded areas which will crumble out and strip in only a matter of a short time.

Yamaha is good. They used to use a brass thread insert which could pull out if the interference fit. I don't know if they still do this or not because.....

I pretty much use DW hardware; I do use the Tama Leverglide tripod Hi hat stand and an older Tama Snare stand (made before Tama cheapened the design). The Hi hat stand is the smoothest hi hat but I have had to Helicoil this stand to fix the threads. Yamaha pretty much set the standard back in the '80s for hardware. The DW is pretty heavy and I do use one of their flat base stands for my four-piece set-up.

SGarrett

GeorgeDemise":3vwtql88 said:
I hate the 9000 snare stand, I hate those ball joint snare stand things.
The 9300 doesn't have a ball joint. :?

I love mine, no matter how hard I hit my snare it never moves.

GeorgeDemise

oh yeah, sorry my bad, it has one of those rod things doesnt it, I still don't like those either haha. It may be because I had a big dog one and that was shit. I've used the ball joint ones too and they always moved aswel.

SGarrett

Yeah, I have one of the briefly produced 4000 series snare stand with a ball joint. I had the basket replaced twice for ball slippage (heh-heh) before they discontinued the line. It just holds my practice pad now. My 9300 stand hasn't let up on me at all and I've had it for about two years. It stays put even with heavy Moeller strokes where some stands will start to walk. Plus, I really like how adjustable it is.

wes the bear.

for stands, definitely go top of the line pearl (the series name escapes me at the moment) cuz theyre VERY sturdy without being bulky... for the same reason, avoid TAMA at all cost its the most cumbersome, anti-streamlined, heavy gear you'll use. pearls is solid and lightweight but still professional. dw stands can be a little tricky to operate, especially their tilters.

pedals, go DW 9000 and dont look back. they really are the best. i have a pearl eliminator singe and i wanna have its babies dont get me wrong,. but theres no way around it... you just cant beat the 9000's.

companies like Axis, Sonor, and obviously Duallist make some expensive stuff, but that doesn't necessarily mean quality. all axis pedals, the sonor gian step, dualllist are overpriced gimmicks.