Dw 5000 double

PDP9000

i have had some trouble with my double pedal.i had it for a about a year but when i started to get faster at double bass the pedal both of the pedals can not keep up with it.does anyone have this problem or should i consider buying a 9000?????? :?: :?:

DeVile15

the dw 9000 is a good pedal but save your money and go straight for the 5000. it is hands down the best pedal EVER!

anavrinIV

DeVile15":1kpifqsh said:
the dw 9000 is a good pedal but save your money and go straight for the 5000. it is hands down the best pedal EVER!
i think youre a little backwards...he already has a 5000 and wants to upgrade to the 9000, which is more expensive.

do it if you want to. its your money.

BillRayDrums

A more expensive pedal will not make you faster. Proper technique and development will. What do you think guys did before the 9000 was invented?

You gotta look at the angles the beaters are set at, spring tension, and what your feet are doing.

Yeah save your money.

drumgroovy

Well, for speed, Axis is better because it uses a direct drive system, which eliminates any lag that a chain driven pedal would sometimes do. In other words, your feet are faster than your pedals.

But like Bill Ray said, it's all about personalising your own pedals and fitting them to your liking. I've been using the same Cobras for the past 4 years and it's still going the way I like them. I changed the springs once and that's about it. The only other maintenance I do is oiling the moving parts.

It's probably your technique... Or maybe it's configured wrongly.

Most extreme pedallers set their spring tension to as tight as possible. For George Kollias, he maxes out on his springs for his Axis. Reason being: Not much lag, plus quick response. But don't make it too tight until you bust a kneecap trying to go fast.

i dont really have much money to spend and ive never used a double pedal b4. if i bought a 5000 wud i be able to sell it for reasonbly the same value if it didnt agree with me?

Jimmyjd4

BillRayDrums":25jg8ebt said:
A more expensive pedal will not make you faster.
Not true dude. I played the 5000 pedals for a while and got pretty fast with them, but when I tried the 7000's I freakin flew! While I agree that proper technique and practice will increase speed, I feel that certain pedals are better than others as well.

iatemygoat

Jimmyjd4":3racijqb said:
BillRayDrums":3racijqb said:
A more expensive pedal will not make you faster.
Not true dude. I played the 5000 pedals for a while and got pretty fast with them, but when I tried the 7000's I freakin flew! While I agree that proper technique and practice will increase speed, I feel that certain pedals are better than others as well.
ick i absolutely hated the 7000's

anyone know of why the 5000 practically falls apart?

ive replaced a pedal hinge, a connecting rod (soon to be 2), 3 springs (two broken one just old and rusty) and both chain links have fallen apart(lost the piece of chain that connects it to the sprocket) and are now held together with tape on the sprockets. one of the springs actually broke within 2 weeks.

anyone else have similar problems?

Howepirate

krzykorean98":2pmrxw99 said:
Alchemyspug":2pmrxw99 said:
i just bought a 4000
fuck axis there too expensive
the 1 with out the hammer beater is but the ones with the ball are only 430

There should NEVER be a price on ANYTHING that will help your drumming.

seneca

As far as price and pedals go my bassist put it this way when I was looking at a new Trick pedal ($799.99 CAD)

"Well...John Bonham didn't need a 799.99 pedal" ;) haha. I laughed. but it's true! Look at your technique and settings! The 5000 is a great pedal! Try the tension at lower settings, then higher. Try adjusting the foot board height!

Also, google drummers with "the fastest feet". I'm sure that a chunk of them use DW's! And well..no offence but if they can manage I'm sure you can too! :) Unless of course You have the fastest feet? ;) lol

Ty

anavrinIV

seneca":1t7mb9q7 said:
As far as price and pedals go my bassist put it this way when I was looking at a new Trick pedal ($799.99 CAD)

"Well...John Bonham didn't need a 799.99 pedal" ;) haha. I laughed. but it's true! Look at your technique and settings! The 5000 is a great pedal! Try the tension at lower settings, then higher. Try adjusting the foot board height!

Also, google drummers with "the fastest feet". I'm sure that a chunk of them use DW's! And well..no offence but if they can manage I'm sure you can too! :) Unless of course You have the fastest feet? ;) lol

Ty
that would be tim waterson....and he uses axis. 1407 double strokes in a minute...the guy is insane.

xdoseonex

i had the same problem, me feet got too fast for my pedals. swith to an zxis or a trick. i [romise you yuou'll never have that problem again. theyre really expensive. but theyre really expensive because theyre the 2 best pedals in the world

xdoseonex

anavrinIV":1cpcl6ah said:
seneca":1cpcl6ah said:

Ty
that would be tim waterson....and he uses axis. 1407 double strokes in a minute...the guy is insane.

tim water doesnt hold the fastest feet record, Mike Malias does

Howepirate

xdoseonex":2i9n3x24 said:
anavrinIV":2i9n3x24 said:
seneca":2i9n3x24 said:

Ty

tim water doesnt hold the fastest feet record, Mike Malias does

Mike Malias owns the record for single strokes.

Tim Waterson owns the record for doubles.

CRAIGVT

anyone know of why the 5000 practically falls apart?

ive replaced a pedal hinge, a connecting rod (soon to be 2), 3 springs (two broken one just old and rusty) and both chain links have fallen apart(lost the piece of chain that connects it to the sprocket) and are now held together with tape on the sprockets. one of the springs actually broke within 2 weeks.

anyone else have similar problems?[/quote]

I BROKE A HINGE ON MINE AND THE U-JOINTS ON THE DRIVE SHAFT WERE GOING TO CRAP. THEY ARE AVAILABLE SEPERATELY, BUT I JUST BOUGHT A MATCHING SECOND BASS DRUM SO I DIDN'T BOTHER FIXING THE SHAFT. I'M GOING TO LIKELY BUY A MATCHED SET OF SINGLES FOR MY KIT.

PDP9000

xdoseonex":3ubhsu7w said:
i had the same problem, me feet got too fast for my pedals. swith to an zxis or a trick. i [romise you yuou'll never have that problem again. theyre really expensive. but theyre really expensive because theyre the 2 best pedals in the world
ya i think im probley gonna buy axis but its going to take a while thanks bro :D !!!!