dw 4002 pedal problem....

MasterShake89

see that little silver dot on the side of the heel plate that keeps the pedal hinged to the foot board. Every time I play, it slowly creeps out of that hole to the right and I have to push it back in basically after every song i play. I've had the pedal for over two years and it only started doing this within the last 2 months. any suggestions on how to fix it?

meizmatt

the cheap way would be to just put a piece of black electrical tape over the "dot" as you call it, i don't know if that will work or if it with mess with the pedal's movement, but it will probably accomplish the primary goal of keeping that little pin inside your pedal

MasterShake89

I just played for a bit and i think i figured out why it "pops out" Since I started getting faster on the double bass, I have adopted a kind of Side to side heel up swishing, like how you click the high hat while keeping time in jazz. And each side to side movement slides it a micrometer out......grrrr.

MasterShake89

idk, is the form im using for double bass playing a proper form? Its like the traditional side to side motion used on the hi hats. It helps me use less of my legs and thighs and more of my ankles so i dont tense up. does anyone else play like that?

DaveDWdrums

If my mind serves me correctly, I'm pretty sure DW offers a 1 year warranty. You should call them up and see what they can do for you.

Happy Drumming,
Dave