duallist ??

Alcyon

Lots of topics on this one, but my opinion is that it's a copout and that if you want to play double bass fast then build your footspeed and don't cheat with a triple. Unless you're Thomas Lang, he actually uses them for a good reason.

Shalaq

I haven't used it, but I think it's a cheater pedal. The footboard goes down one time and you get two hits. In other words, the mechanics make the second stroke, not the drummer.

PD

I think its abit of a cheater pedal tbh, Its always best to learn the hard way. 4 limb independence is important as a drummer. Getting the foot you use the least is a really good thing to practice, it makes you a more flexible drummer and more rounded. Dont get a dualist because in the end its not going to do you alot of good as a drummer, unless your an absolute wizzard already then just ignore me :)

stevo

is kinda cool, but i would never use it. i think i would rather be able to plat that fast so i could play singles on the main pedal rather that only on the slave

I have always drempt of getting a quadruple bass drum beat goin with 2 of these pedals on 2 bass drums, because it would be just freaking incredible, but it's true. It is a cheater pedal. but i still woudnt mind takin it for a test drive, though.

Dee

I don't have one but i have had a go on one, I think they are great, especially if you want to be creative, I think Thomas Lang does a great example of this in the Creative control DVD.

Scott_Hurford

Shalaq":3eaw304r said:
I haven't used it, but I think it's a cheater pedal. The footboard goes down one time and you get two hits. In other words, the mechanics make the second stroke, not the drummer.
i agree

DaveDWdrums

Scott_Hurford":3759co0i said:
Shalaq":3759co0i said:
i agree
. . . . . and I 2nd that