Dualist Triple Pedal

drummert2k

works just like the single duelist. the right pedal has a heel thing that when you shift it over you get two hits for every one hit of the pedal. switch the heel thing back over and its a regular pedal. then you have the left pedal in the triple pedal version. nothing to special with the left. the right pedal is the one that does the doubles and stuff.

personally, i think this pedal is prety dumb. as is the single duelist. but again. thats just me. i'll stick to the few extra minutes of practice it takes to be able to do the stuff on a regular pedal as you can with the duelists

screamkevin

Modern Drummer reviewed this a while back, and pretty much panned it. The biggest drawbacks of the Duallist are (1) it's impossible to get the same second stroke as the first in terms of force due to it's inherent nature, and (2) you have to re-teach yourself how to play the bass drum, since the timing if you play doubles right off the bat would sound like a shuffle instead of straight 16ths.

Give me my beloved Iron Cobra Rolling Glide double, thank you very much.

Drummer_chum

I agree, This is for people that are to lazy to practice and put in the time.
A cheater pedal if you will and I was crushed when one of my favorite drummers endorsed this piece of junk: Charlie Benante. You probably would have to pay more for this thing anyways so just get a regular double pedal and
PRACTICE!!

:evil:

eMunki

My drum tutor explained how they worked today =]
I'm not gonna get one (549.99 :eek:)
I just gotta save up for a double =]

Simon

Piddywiffle

I was looken at these after I read this... Well... I would like to piddle around wif one but in terms of buying one to actually use it? Nope! None for me. They just look like plastic pieces of crap.

eMunki

they arnt the best looking pedals around, i would love the chance just to play with one for a bit though =]

Susanboy

I think the two pedals are a good idea, but I also think a double pedals better. I'd rather use the two. But first I want to master one as much as I can.

Tuthmozis

I use a Double model for a couple of months and I like it. It is in fact VERY durable and solid although it's not iron. The company backup is grat. They've send me plenty of spareparts for free, in case of any unexpected situation.
They REALLY stand behind their products.
In action Duallist is fast, hits hard and predictible. I actually took off second beater, for I don't play multiple patterns, and it works fine as a single.
Recomend it...

break the prism

i'm sure it'd be fun to use...but it's like you'd be lying about your skill to everyone who heard you play.
like if you were to use a dualist in one song and do really fast triplets that you couldn't do with a regular double pedal. if you were to ever play on someone else's set and they asked you to "play that crazy double bass from that song" you wouldn't be able to do it.

Piddywiffle

break the prism":2vx7yjhp said:
i'm sure it'd be fun to use...but it's like you'd be lying about your skill to everyone who heard you play.
like if you were to use a dualist in one song and do really fast triplets that you couldn't do with a regular double pedal. if you were to ever play on someone else's set and they asked you to "play that crazy double bass from that song" you wouldn't be able to do it.
Haha, that would blow hard. You would have to lie outta that sooo bad.... Tell em you "stubbed your toe on their inferior drum pedal" or something hard core like that.

drummernick

i think its just cheating. i mean come on guitarists like to bust on enough saying we dont have skills an all those dumb jokes but to buy something to make double patterns easier i mean to be a true musician isnt to have the money to buy a piece of junk thatll make you sound better. you should be able to play the best to your ability with standard equip

Joezeppi

I would like to play around on one for fun, but I agree that you shouldn't rely on a trick pedal to make a double bass sound. Just get a double bass pedal and practice practice practice. It's really not that hard to play double bass.
Here are some videos of people using the dualist...
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5YW6qNGNZEk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5YW6qNGNZEk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_DODXuqKFQA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_DODXuqKFQA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

BrandonIzm

Its more trouble than anything. Its not very practical. The beaters are aligned on the drum weird, giving a real in consistent sound, even if you CAN use it. Only one of the stores near me has one, and its always broken every time I try to use it. That speaks alot to its quality.. Its an over priced piece of $h1t.

I too will stick with my Iron Cobras..

Mistajohn

I've seen video of the pedal, and although it sounds rad, to me it's cheating!

It's kind of like setting a video game difficulty setting to "EASY" and then getting the cheat codes off the internet. Yeah you can do acrobatics, but it's without merit (and the hours upon hours of woodshedding).

So cool if you really need the sound, but don't have the time to practice, but to me, anything worth doing is worth doing right?

Andthe funny thing is that there would no doubt be that moment where somebody called you out on it (and asked you to play a double kick kit to prove you weren't a schmoe)

Great answers!

PaulZILLA

well they actualy have better timing one the second hit than you guys think, and they can be fun. the regular dualist i like more. but the Sonor giant step double pedal,with the heel-toe thing is better. because you control both hits. ive played on the dualist single, standard(dualist with 2), and dualist triple. they are kinda fun. and alot stronger than you think.