Drumstick tape.

screamkevin

I used to use tape, but it chewed through my drum gloves. Now I use a product called "GatorGrip". It's a liquid roll-on tackifier you can find in any sporting goods store, usually in the baseball section. I put a little on my drum gloves before each set and I'm good to go for the entire set. I swear by the stuff.

LuckilyHeDied

screamkevin":11ji5wgh said:
I used to use tape, but it chewed through my drum gloves. Now I use a product called "GatorGrip". It's a liquid roll-on tackifier you can find in any sporting goods store, usually in the baseball section. I put a little on my drum gloves before each set and I'm good to go for the entire set. I swear by the stuff.
That's cool, I love it when we drummers can find stuff that works for us that isn't necessarily a "drummer thing." I personally refuse to use gloves. I've tried them before and they seem to really hamper any articulation.

screamkevin

I used to not wear gloves, but my current band only gigs 1-2 times a month, so I don't get to play that often, and I'm not about to begin dealing with the whole blister thing again. So gloves it is, LOL. It takes some time to get used to, but now I can play with them just as well as without them.

Flatliner

My palms don't get sweaty so I've never really needed any. I really don't like the look of a stick all taped up and it just felt a little wierd when I've messed around on a kit with some taped up stcks. That gatorgrip thing doesn't sound too bad as far as looks go but I've never tried the product so I don't know how they work.

brandon8robinson

I had tape once but it felt like it added unnecessary weight on my sticks.
IF you break a stick go buy new ones they're 8 dollars normally.

Drumming_Animal

i have used the Vater tape and it wasnt bad, but DONT get it in white because if you get sweaty hands onstage the white turns into a dark grey and it is realy horrible. Im moving on to try Ahead tape, with my Ahead sticks :D and it seems good so far.

Scott_Hurford

currently i'm using duct tape, its got surprisingly good grip! and its very cheap, now i have a colourful array of red and yellow drum sticks :wink:

The Duster

i used to use the Promark Stick Rapp, but it got expensive. very comfortable though. then i switched to using hockey stick tape, since it's super cheap and fairly lightweight.

or if you're worried about the weight of the stick, try wrapping your fingers rather than the sticks. just get some thin athletic tape and wrap wherever you're blister-prone.

i haven't used that in years though - i just suffer through the blisters now. having a towel handy will help. wipe your hands as often as possible to keep them dry.

grey_fox

i started off with ahead easton wrap and it was awesome, i then wanted some colour and used ahead but the green and yellow end up looking disgusting after a few hours playing because of sweat and general crap so now i'm back to the standard black ahead stick wrap! swear by it and my Ahead gloves they look damn cool and help quite alot but i still get blisters on my middle finger but it doesn't bother me that much!

wii2525

Black & White Pro Mark Stick Rapp

Also i use any kinda masking/duct/athletic tape i can find to test out.

LadyThunder

I used vater stick tape for a short while and it caused more problems than it fixed. At rehearsal & practice I now just use bare sticks. At shows i'll use zildjian drumstick wax, but thats about it...

Alcyon

I've been using vater tape on my aheads and I love it, makes them much more comfortable, I definitely recommend.