Drumstick Spinology

meffajeffa

hey guys, new to the board here. I was wondering if anyone had tried that Drumstick Spinology book/DVD and what they thought of it. I think it would be cool to learn how to apply some of the spins to actual drum patterns. Most of my favorite players are big showmanship guys, from straight ahead rockers like Tommy Lee to shredders like Donati. So I figure it looks cool and I wanna do it too! I can twirl just fine sitting on a couch, but have a hard time working it into actual patterns behind the kit. I'm a relatively new player so any suggestions would be great.

meffajeffa

Will

I have the dvd but not the book (a friend gave me it but lost the book)

The dvd is ok, I'm gonna guess its much better with the book as diagrams are always helpful.

Deanoatc

I never heard of that. but I am also influenced by many drummers who have great showmanship. I can barely twirl a stick. I try every day and I hope it will work out soon.

Flatliner

Thomas Lang's First DVD "creative control" has a cool section on stick tricks as well as John Blackwell's DVD "technique,grooving, and showmanship."

insultinjury

I can twirl between my first and second fingers, but only on my righ thand. I can in my left hand sometimes but I dont do it when I play because I have dropped it during a song before... embarrassing :oops:

stump

I have not been big into stick tricks since I played in drum line. I guess if you are big into drum solo's they can add a good flare but I prefer to play straight on.