Drums...ATTAKKKK!!!!!!!!!

Drumosaurus

anyway, I had to have an attention grabbing topic. are attack heads quality heads? there significantly cheaper than any other brand to rehead the 5 toms on my kit, only 47 dollars. I was looking into getting attack 1 ply coated heads.

nickg

Drumosaurus":3iartw07 said:
anyway, I had to have an attention grabbing topic. are attack heads quality heads? there significantly cheaper than any other brand to rehead the 5 toms on my kit, only 47 dollars. I was looking into getting attack 1 ply coated heads.
i've been using them exclusively since 1992.

currently i use the 1 ply coated on the tom and snare batter and a clear "no overtone" on the kick. i think they maintain their tuning and their sound longer than remo heads by far with no "duds" out of the box, the coating lasts longer, and they are lesser in cost than remo/evans/aquarian with a few exceptions.

i've NEVER had a problem with them in all these years.

:D

jad

I use 2 ply medium thins on my toms and nothing short of brilliant. havent triedkick yet. terry bozio snare was a bit too ringy for me

Cymbalista

I just put on the Terry bozzio snare set. 1 ply med coated batter and a thin clear snare side reso. It's the first single ply snare head I can ever remember using. One thing is for sure it's LOUD. But so far so good very happy with the sound I'm geeting from it.

Brother_Bong

My MM kit came with Attack heads. I still have them on my racks and floors, they are still fine after all this time.