drums assigment...

drumsobessed

hey hey,

i was just wondering for tafe i have to this thing for my child care and i have to introduce a interest and i thought i could do drums..but i was wondering..what kind of things could i make that would be drum like..? that are appropriate for kids...like things they can hit and stuff..

ok well i hope i made some sense..

krum..

DrummerByron

I have actually done this with my kids: get some empty coffee and oatmeal cans and save the plastic lids. Then get some craft supplies, i.e. construction paper, glue, and scissors (all age appropriate) and have the kids decorate their drums. Then what I did is I got my hand drum and played simple beats and had them follow along. They could use wooden dowels or plastic spoons for drum sticks, or just their hands. Music is a great thing to introduce to kids and I think this is a great idea. Telling stories involving the drums gets a great response. Have fun with it.

Piddywiffle

DrummerByron":2r96eaae said:
I have actually done this with my kids: get some empty coffee and oatmeal cans and save the plastic lids. Then get some craft supplies, i.e. construction paper, glue, and scissors (all age appropriate) and have the kids decorate their drums. Then what I did is I got my hand drum and played simple beats and had them follow along. They could use wooden dowels or plastic spoons for drum sticks, or just their hands. Music is a great thing to introduce to kids and I think this is a great idea. Telling stories involving the drums gets a great response. Have fun with it.
:shock:

I did this when I was a kid and it was awsome... I also made the milk carton guitar. Granted the drums sounded like.... well foldgers cans and the guitar was untunable... and the whole band just kinda fell apart after that.........

BUT! The moral is I remember doing it :roll: :lol:

seandude

dude get a capre sun box and cut a hole make a long stick and strings and u have a gutair its funn send pics of the drums

Drumming_Animal

do the good old one that i used to do when i was a young drummer, a long time ago, get the good old saucepans and wooden spoons out!!!
Or pringles tubes work well aswell, maybe even old biscuit tins and stuff!!!

Flatliner

that ballon bass looks a little complicated for kids, but that has to be the craziest thing I've seen in a long time.