[drummert2k] - Pearl Master Custom and Maryland Custom Kit

loop

I really like your MMX. Emerald fade looks great with gold hardware. Nice setup as well :) Please post full specs.

PS - why do you have 3 holz on you kick reso? Doesn't that make your kick sound dead?

drummert2k

heres the specs on the MMX

Maples shells with reinforcment hoops on the inside, Tom is 12x9, floor tom is 16x16, kick is 22x18. tom heads i use Evans G2s on top and remo clear ambassadors on the bottom. i found that head combination really makes these drums sing. lots of body and warmth without to much overtone. the 3 holes in the bass head is mainly for looks and does completely take any resonance out of the front head but 98% of the shows i play i have to mic the whole kit so with a D6 inside the kick about 4 inches from the batter head, felt beaters, and an aquarian super kick 2 with remos kevlar patch you get plenty of boom and surprisingly quite a bit of tone. i personally like my kick drum nice and punchy so even if i didnt have the holes in it i would still have a pillow in there deadening the front head anyway. hope that answered your questions, if you have anymore feel free to ask.

drummerfreek55

I absolutely love the finish on the Pearl, as much as I'm a fan of the larger kits, both sets look amazing. The only finish thats even close to comparison is the general black finish on Rocket Shells.