Drummers You Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

NocturnalDrum

We all love to sing words of praise for our favorite drummers, but are there drummers are there you can't stand for one reason or another. Perhaps they have bad technique, or just not doing anything well for the drumming community.

Personally, and I know most of you will show up to my house with torches and pitchforks but I can't stand Neil Peart. The man is in every damn drum publication EVERY month it's just annoying to see an article about him all the time! Rush is over rated and so is he. Granted the man is an inspiration to millions of drummers but the over saturation of Neil Peart is ridiculous.

Didn't think anyone would knock off Lars on my list but Neil Peart........enough with the guy already.

drummer912

NocturnalDrum":36ccbyy2 said:
We all love to sing words of praise for our favorite drummers, but are there drummers are there you can't stand for one reason or another. Perhaps they have bad technique, or just not doing anything well for the drumming community.

Personally, and I know most of you will show up to my house with torches and pitchforks but I can't stand Neil Peart. The man is in every damn drum publication EVERY month it's just annoying to see an article about him all the time! Rush is over rated and so is he. Granted the man is an inspiration to millions of drummers but the over saturation of Neil Peart is ridiculous.

Didn't think anyone would knock off Lars on my list but Neil Peart........enough with the guy already.
He's so popular because he is a great drummer. if u were given the chance to be on the cover of every drum publication i'm pretty sure you would accept, too. I know i would. I do agree that he is very popular, but I wouldn't say he is over-rated because he is just so good.

mortem

Rob the Drummer":83ogndya said:
What a terrible thread. Stop the negativity...maaaan.
No, this is not a terrible thread.. as far as I know this is a discussion board and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I personally hate the dude from 30 Seconds to Mars, Lars Ulrich, Alex González and ...... Assaf. Seewi. God, I can't stand that guy.

NocturnalDrum

My intention was not to be negative, but there are drummers are there that are not doing the drumming community a favor wether it be personal actions or lack of professionalism. Lars Ulrich would be a prime example. I personally had a bad experience with the drummer from yellowcard who acted so egotistical after a show, he even began to be rude with some of the fans and that just gives a bad name to drummers. As drummers and musicians we have to the power to influence and we should be a positive influence to fans and not treat them like second class citizens. They're fame and popularity is a blessing and they should use that to further popularize the drumming world and how great it is to be a percussionist.

TheYardstick

NocturnalDrum":s6s8ngin said:

If they've been around for 30 years they wouldn't be overrated.

Personally I hate how everyone thinks Lars Ulrich and Joey Jordison are the best, overrated by far IMO.

Timekeep69

I don't think Joey Jordinson is the best but he's definately good. He's getting work left and right in addition to Slipknot (Ministry, Korn, etc).

Lars is an ass and his drumming is aided heavily with Pro Tools.

Meg White annoys me. Her drumming is horrible...NOT SIMPLE....horrible.

I'm not into Neil Pearts style but I definately don't consider him over rated. His $30,000.00 drum kit at GC is stupid but he's a phenomenal drummer.

TheYardstick

Timekeep69":1ex81eq8 said:
I don't think Joey Jordinson is the best but he's definately good. He's getting work left and right in addition to Slipknot (Ministry, Korn, etc).

Lars is an ass and his drumming is aided heavily with Pro Tools.

Meg White annoys me. Her drumming is horrible...NOT SIMPLE....horrible.

I'm not into Neil Pearts style but I definately don't consider him over rated. His $30,000.00 drum kit at GC is stupid but he's a phenomenal drummer.
I wasn't saying Joey is bad, I'm just tired of kids hailing him as the best drummer to walk the Earth.

If he gets all this work he obviously has to be good, and it was nice to hear a more groove oriented style from what I've heard on Korn's new single.

cableman26

tommy lee and lars are highly overrated they have an outgoing personality and to non musicians that means they must be great at what they do if you went to a bar somewhere and heard them behind a kit not knowing who they were i don't believe you'd be blown away anyone agree?

break the prism

everyone you guys have mentioned, but also matt sorum, joey kramer, ringo starr, and as much shit that this might kick up, keith moon.

Jriddim

mike portnoy is a big show off with an ego bigger than his drumkit, and lars is just the biggest money grubbing douche bag in world. also travis barker...he just sucks

shiebcte

deffinetly Joey Jordison. Sures he's good but hes not as good as people make him out to me. deffinetly meg white. lars....god damn

NocturnalDrum

TheYardstick":3kz2468x said:
NocturnalDrum":3kz2468x said:

If they've been around for 30 years they wouldn't be overrated.

Personally I hate how everyone thinks Lars Ulrich and Joey Jordison are the best, overrated by far IMO.

Just cause it's old doesnt mean it's good. They been sucking for 30 years.

dave lynch

Funny cuz I like to play some drums and have fun, but when I see a thread like this knowing I'm gonna perform this weekend makes me think that I'm gonna be hated on cuz I'm not all great and stuff....Now everytime I see some cat out there starring at me while I'm playing I have to wander..Does this guy hate me ? Jeeeeezzz..Man..sure takes to fun outa playin..Sure glad you guys are so great tho..LOL

Johnny Cat

It's not Neil Peart's fault that the majority of Rush fans that don't even play drums think he's God and the greatest drummer that ever lived, or even some that do play drums who think that.

I don't understand this trashing drummers business when the majority of the cause is ignorant and closed minded people putting these drummers up on pedestals, not the drummers themselves, though I know that there are a few egotistical drummers out there that are the exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.