Drummer's Vlog

TrunJun

Recently I decided to keep a video log of all the happenings with my bands (as of August '07) and I'll be doing a lot of shootings of live footage and interviews of other local drummers here in the Denver scene. I'll be discussing a lot of things (including technique and gear critique) with a lot of people and there will be multiple posts every week (already 3 for my first week). Subscribing to this vlog would be an excellent opportunity for you younger skin-beaters to see what goes on and what it is like playing in an active band. So, if anyone is interested, please feel free to subscribe to my Vlog @ www.youtube.com/TrunJun420. I'm also very receptive to criticism so for any of you experienced people out there, I would very much like your opinions and thoughts to better myself, not only as a drummer, but as a musician in whole.

Thanks guys,
TJ420

Howepirate

Pretty heavy dude. I see a lot of As I lay dying influence in there (correct me if i'm wrong). But good solid playing. A little bit heavy on the cymbal usage but depending on the song it might have been a good added touch.

If you cover Origin i'll give you a dollar. Thats pretty heavy

TrunJun

yeah a tiny bit of as i lay (more from seeing them w/ Yeung). more of my personal influences are Chad Wackerman, Mike Justain (reason for one rack tom) and George Kollias. My hairs not long enough to be as badass as George though haha. Yeah, that videos really really sloppy for me, but hey, end of practice aye?

Yeah, the Origin vid will be done here pretty soon, i'll try not to butcher it up too badly for you ;P

Howepirate

TrunJun":21u7rxh1 said:
yeah a tiny bit of as i lay (more from seeing them w/ Yeung). more of my personal influences are Chad Wackerman, Mike Justain (reason for one rack tom) and George Kollias. My hairs not long enough to be as badass as George though haha. Yeah, that videos really really sloppy for me, but hey, end of practice aye?

Yeah, the Origin vid will be done here pretty soon, i'll try not to butcher it up too badly for you ;P
Oh man i understand the end of practice thing. I have pretty good endurance but i know after practicing with a band i cant pull a blast beat for anything.