Drummers to checkout

Drummerjules

Hey just two drummers to checkout

Josh Eppard from Coheed and Cambria.....Josh uses an open handed approach to drumming,he basicly plays a right handed kit lefty.....He has a great style and sound to his drumming.... Checkout some coheeds songs and videos on youtube.....

Dino Campanella from Dredg......Dino play both the drums and keys on some songs,keeping the beat with his right hand and using his left to play some chords and notes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkGwhW1dxG8 You can check out a live mini jam there its pretty nice......

Flatliner

yeah I like josh and Coheed, one of the younger bands out right now that I feel is actually creating music, not songs.

Not much of a fan of dredg, but one out of two ain't bad right?

m

I dig Dredg bigtime- very cool to see them mentioned here!
Really like their style. Just ordered their recent live album, hope to receive it in a couple days. They are a real 'play for the song' kind of band. Nice mix of ambience/atmospheric elements in a neo-progressive vein.

I dig Eppard's work, but have a hard time making it through a whole Co&Ca album. He's got some great work on record though. And the golf glove, very stylish!

Gavin Harrison of Porcupine Tree and Dom Howard from Muse are, like Dino, drummers I enjoy whose bands I really dig as a whole. There are a lot of great drummers out there whose bands just don't move me. In contemporary music, at least, those are 3 guys whose bands are delivering on every level, to me.

FelterSkelter

Josh is an amazing drummer and comes from a whole family of talents. When I was about 11 I was in a band with some older dudes (at the time the bass player was 21 and the guitarist was 31) and we opened up for a band called 3 at a mountain lodge. Josh Eppard was on drums and his brother Joey on guitar and vocals and they FUCKIN ROCKED. They were probably all of 16/17.

Years later, Shabutie would open for another band of mine at another local showcase. Shabutie would later change their name to Coheed and Cambria.
Check out some Shabutie on www.error404.com . It's good shit.

m

huh, it does appear that Josh and another member of the band are gone.
Hadn't heard about that till now.

robfc

m":m7nbi3t9 said:
yeah josh and the bassist have both left.

Apparently Claudio asked josh and the bassist to help him out with his new band (Coheed and Cambria) until they could find permanent members, then like 12 years later, they were still doing it. So apparently they left because they'd had enough of it.sucks!

Scott_Hurford

robfc":15piw36e said:
m":15piw36e said:

Apparently Claudio asked josh and the bassist to help him out with his new band (Coheed and Cambria) until they could find permanent members, then like 12 years later, they were still doing it. So apparently they left because they'd had enough of it.sucks!
12 years! how the hell can they stay in the band as 'Help' for 12 years, damn man! unless i was actually counted as a permanent member during/after 12 years i'd be a bit pissed...

FelterSkelter

Scott_Hurford":2wwdf7ur said:
robfc":2wwdf7ur said:
m":2wwdf7ur said:

12 years! how the hell can they stay in the band as 'Help' for 12 years, damn man! unless i was actually counted as a permanent member during/after 12 years i'd be a bit pissed...
I'm pretty sure they were all friends from long ago and as I mentioned earlier, they were previously playing under the name Shabutie.

Josh Eppard has (or had) a hip-hop project called Weerd Science as well. I'm not too hard into the hip-hop scene, but I really liked what I heard.

Jhitsthespot

FelterSkelter":1z05lbhb said:
Scott_Hurford":1z05lbhb said:
robfc":1z05lbhb said:
m":1z05lbhb said:

I'm pretty sure they were all friends from long ago and as I mentioned earlier, they were previously playing under the name Shabutie.

Josh Eppard has (or had) a hip-hop project called Weerd Science as well. I'm not too hard into the hip-hop scene, but I really liked what I heard.
Josh is def still doing weerd science and he has def left coheed and cambria. He def is a great drummer and I hope he will do something again in the near future as a drummer.

Someone to check out, if you haven't already.... Johnny Raab... I've been watching all his stuff on youtube all day. He makes me want to lock myself in my basment for a year and play drums. No water, no food, just wood and plastic. you all probably knew this already.

mortem

do yourself a favor and check out Morgan Agren!

And another name I haven't seen mentioned here: Rodney Holmes... what a great drummer.

drummert2k

Flatliner":g0asq9fy said:
Whoever said Rodney Holmes is right on. He's awesome, I also like Benny Greb alot.
Heck friggin yes!!!

also i'd like to add Andrew Fisenden, Jeff Queen , Ivan Pacheco, and Steve Moore