Drummers That SUCK!!!

Drummer333lv

Who is the drummer that you can not stand. Or that completly sucks. BTW if you say travis barker....your gay :) I personally can not stand....

The Rev (Avenged Sevenfold).....its not that he's not a good drummer its just his cocky attitude. He's a dick.

oh yeah if someone has already posted this topic im sorry and im an ass :) but post anyways.

prog_drummer_77

i agree with you 100% :D i hate his sound, his arrogant looks, and all of that....aren't drummers supposed to be some of the most liked in the band? this guy is a joke too (only because i think avenged sevenfold is overrated)!

screamkevin

This is a bad thread. Let's not ruin our community with negativity. Any drummer that gets up and plays is a good drummer. Simply getting up and doing it takes tremendous talent and guts, and drummers are a credit to the music family. So let's be positive.

Greg

screamkevin":z4h6th8e said:
This is a bad thread. Let's not ruin our community with negativity. Any drummer that gets up and plays is a good drummer. Simply getting up and doing it takes tremendous talent and guts, and drummers are a credit to the music family. So let's be positive.
I agree (101%)!

AMK330

screamkevin":9t5jsian said:

i really really agree with that fully :D

Drum Naked

Who is to say who is good or bad. By virtue of being a drummer you are in a family. As Vic Forth so eloquently put it"We have one common demomonator.....A PASSION FOR DRUMS"

The only drummers that suck are the ones who refuse to play...

Bigd11

Us drummers are a tight community, i respect everyone who has ever picked up a pair of sticks and dreamt.. whether there "good" or not is besides the point, at least there trying to do what we all love

Extremetrucker

LARS...need I say more. And the Rev has a right to be that way. One he has an awsome catilog of fills, and two its ROCK n ROLL baby thats the way they roll

asbleakasbliss

Hmmmm Lars huh.... I don't like Lars' attitude but i would have to say hes quite tallented... When a musician is cocky ... I am turned off though... regardless of talent!

Drummer333lv

Im just talking about the drummers that shouldn't be famous cause they are just in it for the money. so everybody calm down

screamkevin

Nobody is attacking you, Drummer333lv, but this is a bad topic. It's like asking "What drum is the best"? There is no "best" of anything, it's all subjective! There is no "worst", either. It's all subjective!

Ask the same question to 100 different people, and you'll get 100 different answers. The drumming community has no room for negativity, there's enough of that in the music biz for everyone.

I respect any drummer, from Ringo Starr to Buddy Rich to Mike Portnoy to Travis Barker, simply because they are my drumming bretheren. Like I said before, it's tough enough to get up there and play in front of people, so respect is automatically due, just for them doing it.

Oh, and for the record, Rikki Rockett's been doing it nationwide for 20 years, and has sold more albums than all of us here combined. I respect the hell out of James Sullivan ("The Reverend" from Avenged Sevenfold), simply because he's been playing OzzFest all summer and selling millions of records. Much more than I've been doing with my drumming. And I suspect, much more than you've been doing with yours, too. :wink:

This thread should be locked.

K!S!N

WOW, tensions on this thread are hi. Here's an idea. Lets change the topic from "Drummers who Suck" to something like, "Drummers who are talented, but are overrated, cocky, arrogant, and should stop beliving they are Gods gift to Druming"

With that being said, A7X is a good band that makes good music, but they have let the spotlight get to thier head, all of them. The day Lars fronted the lawsuit against Napster, i lost respect for Metallica and Lars, and will never pay to see them again, just cuz they are NOW in the biz for the wrong reasons . Travis Barker is an awsome punk drummer who does a lot with a little (as in the size of his set, quit small, yet he does great things with it).

And for all of you who defended the aformentioned, doing that alone takes guts and you are true gentlemen, and true musicians.

Never knock on any band or bandmember for the music they play. They've poured thier heart and soul into thier music and atleast deserve respect for that. If they have a crappy attitude, then critisize the attiude, not the music.

masonvonritchie

I hate Lars Ulrich. He's a shitty drummer, has a shitty attitude towards everything, I hate him. I saw Dave Lombardo play with Metallica in his place, and I couldn't see how Lars was in Metallica in the first place. His beats are crummy and boring, the way his drums sound on record is comparable to trash cans, all around I just hate the guy. I love Metallica but I think they could have been all the better had they used a different drummer. He should have died instead of Cliff.

Extremetrucker

asbleakasbliss":12izxzwx said:
Hmmmm Lars huh.... I don't like Lars' attitude but i would have to say hes quite tallented... When a musician is cocky ... I am turned off though... regardless of talent!
Well ok maybe I should go into it a little deeper. Lars is ok ,but Bob Rock is the reason Lars sucks. Did you not hear the tone on the last album? NASTY. And to you people who are hating on guys who do it for the money.....wouldnt you?

Drummer333lv

"WOW, tensions on this thread are hi. Here's an idea. Lets change the topic from "Drummers who Suck" to something like, "Drummers who are talented, but are overrated, cocky, arrogant, and should stop beliving they are Gods gift to Druming" ----"K!S!N"

I guess i should have reworded it huh cause everybody is getting all affended.

You know what if you don't like the topic then just ignore it because at least were not talking about mike portnoy in every single topic. I was just trying to spice things up a little bit. oh and don't get me wrong mike portnoy is an awsome drummer and im not saying anything bad about him. It just gets really old in every single topic.
So :p

Shalaq

Buddy Rich said that there are no weak bands, just weak drummers. If a band made it, they have a good drummer 95% of the time. By "good drummer" I mean that he fits his grooves well with the song, his drumming leads you through the music, his creativity, fills, accents etc complement the music. If the music is simple, there is no need to complicate the drum track. But if a drummer sees some potential in what the other guys are doing, he should create an exciting part that will show the potential of the band.

There are some drummers which are overrated, but most of the time they are in an overrated band- in other words, they are weak drummers in a weak band.

I respect each and every single person who ever picked a pair of sticks and hit the snare. But I do believe, that there are some people who lack the skills (but more importantly talent) to create good music.