Drumdial tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummert2k

instead of wasting the money on the drum dial, investing in new good heads would have solved your problems. with old heads, crappy heads, heads with stuff taped to them, heads that are the wrong heads for the tuning you're trying to achieve, ect. wont magicaly be tuned with a fancy drum tuning gadget. before you can get a good tuning with or without a drum dial you need heads that a in good condition.

you know how the old saying goes... "you cant polish a turd." im not talking about your kit or your ability to tune or anything. just saying that and old dead dead will sound like an old dead head no matter what you do to it

scrubs

It's no miracle, and it's no solution for not knowing how to tune, but it can certainly be a useful tool. It will help you get the head tension even at each lug, so the head is in tune with itself. However, you will still have to decide what sounds good and tweak. All said, I've tuned without it and with it, and I use it most of the time when tuning, especially when I am replacing old heads with new ones of the same type, because it's a snap to tune up to the same number you used before, as long as you wrote it down.

Oh, no offense but, you have way too many drums (& way too much muffling) for someone who doesn't know how to tune. :wink:

http://home.earthlink.net/~prof.sound/index.html

There are some decent videos on youtube and the evans site about tuning, too.

Howepirate

scrubs":y1k0wnew said:
It's no miracle, and it's no solution for not knowing how to tune, but it can certainly be a useful tool. It will help you get the head tension even at each lug, so the head is in tune with itself. However, you will still have to decide what sounds good and tweak. All said, I've tuned without it and with it, and I use it most of the time when tuning, especially when I am replacing old heads with new ones of the same type, because it's a snap to tune up to the same number you used before, as long as you wrote it down.

Oh, no offense but, you have way too many drums (& way too much muffling) for someone who doesn't know how to tune. :wink:

http://home.earthlink.net/~prof.sound/index.html

There are some decent videos on youtube and the evans site about tuning, too.
Completely agreed...dude your drums sound like butt...their made to resonate...thats what makes them drums...not buckets....try loosening the heads you have a bit...dont tune ur effin toms dead YOU'LL NEVER PRODUCE A GOOD SOUND

Howepirate

brandon8robinson":25hb0stg said:
Uh yeah I have a standard kit with an extra floor tom.
What do you expect a fuckin' three piece?

just get no heads...take all that muffling crap off there and let them sing~!

Howepirate":rh45twdk said:
brandon8robinson":rh45twdk said:
Uh yeah I have a standard kit with an extra floor tom.
What do you expect a fuckin' three piece?

just get no heads...take all that muffling crap off there and let them sing~!
if u want a good dampening system, i would suggest the vater dampening pads. they work great and dont completely drain ur sound. great for recording and making videos for youtube.

ytsejammer

If you can't tune or are learning to tune, it is a great thing. You SHOULD know/learn how to tune without one, but I think anyone with a brain would be able to use it and not know how to tune. I own it, I can tune, and I love it. It helped my while I was still learning to tune, it helped me get a better feel and ear for tuning my drums. It's more accurate than I am sometimes, I can be a picky tuner and sometimes when I use the DrumDial it gives me a sound I really like that I wasn't getting on my own. It was worth it to me to buy it and I'd recommend others to buy it. Ive used it on lower end kits and heads and it gets probably the best sound you can possibly get out of them, and I've used it on my own Mapex Pro M Fusion kit and gotten sounds I think are nearly perfect.

A few other things I'll say about the drumdial tuner, be careful with it. It's easy to have break, it also needs calibration fairly often. Read the book with it if you just got it, and follow the tuning chart at first, it's pretty accurate.. but you'll want to find your own numbers for your drums eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.