drum wraps

Brazilian Drummer

hi guys!

so, I have an old yamaha Power V special, that is wraped and I whant to take te wrap out and paint it. but I was jsut wondering before I start soming that I might regret becasue it will be too much work.

I have and old Ludwid 24" bass tha I took the wrap out and I'm going to paint also, but the ludwig only had like 4 peices of tape holding the wrap toguether, and maibe a little glue

do any of you guys know how yamaha used to wrap their drums, if its the same as they do know??, ive been searching on the net about thsi for a while but I wasnt able to find anything!!!

can any of you help a brother out?!?!?!

thanks
G

Brother_Bong

I know of some sites that sell drum wraps, I just don't have the info in front of me. As a matter of fact, I need to get the info to another guy on here. I'm just in the middle of a move, so I'm kinda screwed. I'll do my best to get those sites to ya. Oh, look in the back of Modern Drummer, there are several companies that may help you.

Timekeep69

Low end kits are usually wrapped with a piece of tape and can be easily removed. Higher end kits have contact cement which make it a serious pain. You won't really know until you attempt removal.

Brazilian Drummer

Timekeep69":1ed60bwh said:
Low end kits are usually wrapped with a piece of tape and can be easily removed. Higher end kits have contact cement which make it a serious pain. You won't really know until you attempt removal.
thanks.. thats what i'm afraid of... it being all glued with contact cemente....

does anyone know of an easy way to get the wrap off?

thanks

Timekeep69

Brazilian Drummer":2o08bk8e said:
Timekeep69":2o08bk8e said:
thanks.. thats what i'm afraid of... it being all glued with contact cemente....

thanks
Easy? No. If it's contact cement, use a plastic scraper and a heat gun. Be patient.

Brazilian Drummer

Timekeep69":1uobb0nm said:
Brazilian Drummer":1uobb0nm said:
Timekeep69":1uobb0nm said:

thanks
Easy? No. If it's contact cement, use a plastic scraper and a heat gun. Be patient.
yeah thats what I was thinking. except for the heat gum... wount the be bad for the shell???

Timekeep69

Brazilian Drummer":96fa9yig said:
Timekeep69":96fa9yig said:
Brazilian Drummer":96fa9yig said:
Timekeep69":96fa9yig said:

thanks
yeah thats what I was thinking. except for the heat gum... wount the be bad for the shell???
Keep it moving. the glue will soften before the shell gets burned.