drum video help

okjohne

Hey all,

Nope not gonna start any crap today.

I'd like to make one of these drum videos. Hoping to spend NADA. I have a video recorder. What else do I need? Should I expect the sound to suck. Any advice on getting a decent sound with minimal equipment. I thought I'd start by throwing down two or three different groves with some fills to see how it comes out. Advice on all angles of this endeavor are greatly apreciated.

Thanx,

John

rufus4dagruv

okjohne":2s2npzmt said:
Hey all,

Nope not gonna start any crap today.

I'd like to make one of these drum videos. Hoping to spend NADA. I have a video recorder. What else do I need? Should I expect the sound to suck. Any advice on getting a decent sound with minimal equipment. I thought I'd start by throwing down two or three different groves with some fills to see how it comes out. Advice on all angles of this endeavor are greatly apreciated.

Thanx,

John
Trial and error, basically. Set up the recorder in a convenient location and play a bit. Watch/listen to it back and see if it clips. If it does, adjust the gain, if you can, or move it farther away and zoom in and try it again. Good luck.

okjohne

Kinda hopping for hints like If I need a digital recorder, Put a cotton ball over the Mic., Mufle all the drums, put the mic. in the next room. Oh well. Very few of you have posted videos so I guess most don't know how.

Funny thing is, I make a joke by calling a spade a spade (regarding Metal) and this place comes alive. Ask a legitimate Q about recording and silence.

Homki890

cableman26":mf32n0cr said:
That's cause you got on everyone's bad side early, and now no one cares to help you out.
Got a point. Need to earn respect to want help from us.

Like its been said before, trail and error work best. Record a bit, see how the sound is, make adjustments. I'm assuming you have Windows Movie Maker. Save often, it can sometimes crash.

Homki890

okjohne

Respect what. A bunch of dudes and a couple Gals typing whatever comes to mind on there keyboard. So if anyone has any help please advise. If you know Jack and you are just trying to Raise your posts.... Well you know.

wii2525

well, maybe if you didn't have to insult everyone that popped up on your browser, and act like a complete douchebag, we'd be glad to share what we know

okjohne

Whatever. I have added spice to this site. I have not insulted anyone or called any names. Can't say the same for many of you. Does my Mom run this site?

Howepirate

okjohne":2uj5makt said:
Whatever. I have added spice to this site. I have not insulted anyone or called any names. Can't say the same for many of you. Does my Mom run this site?
Yeah, dude just stirred up some controversy. Give him a fair shot kids, eh?