Drum tuners

LouDaGr8

Anyone know much about these?

I have to keep my drums in storage alot and move them about even more, so they seem to loose their tuning quite quick.

Im looking to get something similar to these - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Drum-Dial-Precisi ... dZViewItem

I just wondered if anyone knew how good they were and if theres a list of the correct tunings included with them

Thanks
LouDaGr8

SGarrett

A lot of people seem to like them.

Drums are semi-melodic so there's no "correct" tuning. (orchestral percussion aside.)

LouDaGr8

SGarrett":216tbhfx said:

Drums are semi-melodic so there's no "correct" tuning. (orchestral percussion aside.)
what i meant by the tuning, was the correct measurement each individual drum or is it just a matter of taste?

SGarrett

LouDaGr8":1xlnhxde said:
SGarrett":1xlnhxde said:

what i meant by the tuning, was the correct measurement each individual drum or is it just a matter of taste?
Do you mean intervals between drums? Thirds and fourths are common and musical. I generally tune my toms in the area of Eb Major and a third apart. Not really on purpose, it's just what my ears like.

AmnestysLowEnd

I have one and I use it all the time. What I do is find a sound I like, just a ball park tunning, usually Just Above Wrinkle or JAW. Then I use the dial to even them out. It dose not make the pitches at each lug the same but instead it equals out the tympanic pressure, the pressure the head is at. Plus once you find you prefect tunning you can duplicate it every time.