drum transportation

rufus4dagruv

If nothing else, at least get some gig bags. Then, get a vehicle that's big enough to carry the kit you intend on gigging out with.

PDP9000

Have someone you trust or cases they work
the best but they are big and there may be
a lot depnding on how big you drum set is.

SGarrett

I use SKB cases and squeeze my five piece into the back of a '90 Civic hatchback. The kick fits by literally 1/8", but it fits dammit. :lol:

dave lynch

SGarrett":oc8k2l4p said:
I use SKB cases and squeeze my five piece into the back of a '90 Civic hatchback. The kick fits by literally 1/8", but it fits dammit. :lol:
Me too..SKBs..I have a mini van and I can fit all my drums ( 7 piece )/hardware/cymbals/mics/cords/snake/drum mixer/misc bag of stuff/suitcase and a few other things (all with cases) and I still have room to sleep in it..!!

Scrogs

Cases definitely, especially if its a new kit or one in great condition, transporting is only going add nicks, dents and dings
without cases.

I have SKB's also, they actually make it easier because you can rack em and stack em no matter what kink of vehicle is being used....

Cases are awesome, but take up alot of room.
I really dont think they take up much more room in transport... and when they are in storage, I just put all the cases inside
one another and they only take the space of the bass drum case

JasonS2C

I use humes & berg and SKB hard cases in town and flight cases on the road. I'd use the flight cases all the time but 1 of the 3 won't fit in the back of my '07 Avalanche with the back deck on. Anytime I have access to our touring gear trailer, the flight cases always get the call. Botoom line for me tho is I never transport gear ANYWHERE, unless its protected in something.

SmellsLikeIan

DRUMSMYWIFE":1oqlrf6h said:
Get a huge ass truck like a Toyota Tundra or a Nissan Titan and perhaps a Dodge Ram to load all you shit.
Make sure it has a camper shell. Or drive a hatchback or SUV. No one wants their gear rained on. And use cases. Cases should be figured into the amount you plan to spend on any drumset you plan to gig with regularly.

Zim

SmellsLikeIan":2smt8tqe said:
DRUMSMYWIFE":2smt8tqe said:
Get a huge ass truck like a Toyota Tundra or a Nissan Titan and perhaps a Dodge Ram to load all you shit.
Make sure it has a camper shell. Or drive a hatchback or SUV. No one wants their gear rained on. And use cases. Cases should be figured into the amount you plan to spend on any drumset you plan to gig with regularly.
RIGHT ON! I use the Protector series cases I have 3 differant kits from Big to small to the e/kit so I own a big extended cab van and haul all the equipment light trusses and amps as well cases are a necessity if your a drummer.

dave lynch

slingerland66":13y06k89 said:
ditto SKB cases and i take ma mums mini van... pimpin ride to show up in for the ladies ... not haha
Hmmmm...That's kinda funny...They seem to LUV mine..haha

JAdrums2k

dave lynch":21rpbzqz said:
Me too..SKBs..I have a mini van and I can fit all my drums ( 7 piece )/hardware/cymbals/mics/cords/snake/drum mixer/misc bag of stuff/suitcase and a few other things (all with cases) and I still have room to sleep in it..!!
I love my mini van.... throw a sleepin bag on top of the bass players ampeg cab, and it's the perfect place to crash.
We have to fight over who's carryin it :D

McForman

how much do the SKB's cost? I know that it depends on your set, but what about just a standard set of cases?

progressiveman

JAdrums2k":3avo9auu said:
dave lynch":3avo9auu said:
I love my mini van.... throw a sleepin bag on top of the bass players ampeg cab, and it's the perfect place to crash.
We have to fight over who's carryin it :D
Yeahhh.. i use my dad's mini van too.

racefan33

I use Humes & Berg Tuxedo Bags. A bit pricey but they are great bags. Really durable. But I handle my own stuff. If I had to trust others to move my drums I would use hard cases. Either Anvil for SKB. I like the way the SKBs sort of lock onto each other. Less chance of that top drum slipping off.

I got a Ford F150 to haul them in. I love that truck. A couple of things I recommend for those guys with a truck, buy a cheap three pronged hoe. I keep that in the bed of the truck so I don't have to climb in there and get stuff in the back. I just hook it with the hoe and pull it out. It saves the knees and back. And lastly. As much as I'd love to put drum stickers on the back of my truck I don't because crime is all about opportunities and I don't want any scumbag to hit my truck instead of someone elses because they think drum gear might be inside.

racefan33

SGarrett":37h4t548 said:
I used to pack my drums in a two door Datsun 510. Man I miss that car.