drum theme song guy?

Flatliner

Those were pretty awesome, I'm currently trying to do the same to "The Rite Of Spring" by Igor Stravinsky, I'm also writing the drum parts down.

mortem

sigh... another Portnoy wannabe. I get the impression that his ENTIRE playing is based on the question WWPD? (What would Portnoy do?)

don't get me wrong, this guy is a good drummer, but personally, I find it old and boring since it shows nothing new or at least real 'feeling' to his style.

Flatliner

mortem":3emfc2z5 said:
sigh... another Portnoy wannabe. I get the impression that his ENTIRE playing is based on the question WWPD? (What would Portnoy do?)

don't get me wrong, this guy is a good drummer, but personally, I find it old and boring since it shows nothing new or at least real 'feeling' to his style.
I can see why you say that, but I would have never treated those songs in that manner and I thought it really changed their feels in a nice way.

mortem

Flatliner":cw897zm1 said:
mortem":cw897zm1 said:

I can see why you say that, but I would have never treated those songs in that manner and I thought it really changed their feels in a nice way.
yes, that is true.. the idea of combining oldschool theme songs with the prog metal beats and fills is somehow original, but I meant I found his style boring, since they're A LOT of young drummers out there who try to imitate Mike Portnoy.

young drummers... man, I'm only 21 and already sounding like big ol' zen_drummer :roll: hahahaha no pun intended :wink: <333

mute

i love anything nintendo, but i really prefer the advantage, where the whole band is interpreting the songs. plus, they're way less about showing off.