Drum Tabs

erincubus114

I know drums tabs are hard to find for free now, but does anyone know of a site that has them? If not, can anyone help me with the song "Burn" by The Cure? My band wants to cover that song and I don't know what the hell is being played. Thanks a lot!

devilspain

in my opinion tabs can only lead you so far. try listenin to the music and seeing how you can replicate on your own kit.

Qbs

if what you're writing is true than it's a shame... it was/is IMHO the best drum tab site in the whole Internet

devilspain":2j04up84 said:
in my opinion tabs can only lead you so far. try listenin to the music and seeing how you can replicate on your own kit.
I`ve never used tabs. Hell, I can`t even read them. I`ve always played by ear. I`ve never covered a song beat for beat either. I have fun figuring out tunes and putting my own flair to them.

Drumman74

Seriously?? You guys are kidding right? If you can put in the effort to read drum tabs, really how much more difficult would it be to learn how to read drum music? None...once you learn the value of the notes it not much different. The person who invented drum tabs should have bamboo shoots rammed under his finger nails.

iamwhatiam

that last post has a point, i didn't know drum tab existed before this topic i thought you were talking about drum sheet music. So i checked out one of the links and there is pretty much no difference between the two.
And to the people who went why dont you just listen to it, well you could spend ages listening to a track again and again till you get it right or you can just read it and get the song sorted in one go.

Conor

devilspain said:
i agree with this statement. i would also say to use real music rather than tabs.

designofduality

http://www.ttabs.com has quite a few drum tabs. There are tons of tab sites, but very few of them have drum tabs.
masonvonritchie":24uxylmh said:
Qbs":24uxylmh said:
Isn't that site being sued for copyright infringment or some shit? I haven't been there in a while and I can't get to it from work but when they were still up that had all kinds of good shit on there.
MXTabs was taken down for infringement, but they are apparently coming back this summer. http://www.mxtabs.net

vahnn

Yeah, in my experience, tabs tend to just confuse me when i'm trying to figure out the music by ear. And in most cases, it seems whoever made the tabs a) didn't know how to play the song at the time of makign the tabs, or b) messed up while making the tabs, but the result is usually 1) you don't learn the song the way it is, or 2) you don't learn the song the way it is.

If you really want to play the song exactly as they do, try to get a really good set of headphones (shell out some cash for a decent pair, some biiiig noise-cancelling over-ear set will do nicely) and just sit in a quiet room and listen to the music and try to listen to each thing the drummer is doing.

That's my technique, and i'm notorious for being able to (eventually) imitate almost any song perfectly. Of course, i'm still learning a lot, and there are something things i simply can't play yet. But that means i get some practice!