Drum stuff

dbkman

Tell me what yall think about this vid. ( i broke the head on my 14" floor tom before making it so i had to play the beat without it

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-W33usdaN2g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-W33usdaN2g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

dbkman

thanks man, ya i was tensed up like crazy because i had been playing for a while and i was sloppy. lol this was take like 16 or something. i still missed some notes and what not here and there but, its alright. you need to get some vids up man!

Rob Crisp

Yeah looking good mate, definitely got some nice patterns going on!

Like SG said, relax, settle into it and have fun! :D

SGarrett

dbkman":3d3xfsep said:
thanks man, ya i was tensed up like crazy because i had been playing for a while and i was sloppy. lol this was take like 16 or something. i still missed some notes and what not here and there but, its alright. you need to get some vids up man!
I know what you mean. I'm working my way into the home session thing and I'm finding myself doing far more takes than I'd like. But, I also follow the rule of "always have the tape running even if you're only practicing the song".

Oddly enough. I don't have a video camera. I've been thinking about using the mpeg mode on my digi cam and then trying to match up the video with tracks from Cubase. But that sounds like work. Hahaha. :lol: I do have some video of me playing with a few different bands, but that's all on VHS and I haven't bought a VHS-DVD converter yet.

dbkman

ya i do rudiments with a click, especially with double kick. and garret, i know what you mean, at home, it takes 10 times more takes, but in someone elses studio. 2 or 3 at most. dont know why.

SGarrett

dbkman":3axwz60u said:
ya i do rudiments with a click, especially with double kick. and garrett, i know what you mean, at home, it takes 10 times more takes, but in someone elses studio. 2 or 3 at most. dont know why.
For me, it's being in control of everything. It keeps my mind active. I've started using a four measure click intro which seems to help me get into focus and I may extend it to six measures. It gets easier with each track, though.