drum racks

Gazdkw82§

Im currently just playing with normal stands but i want to try using a rack system for quicker change overs on stage and for more options with set ups. I have no idea which rack system to go for. Iv seen a few but they look too big and bulky abit like scaffold. Iv seen one which i like it was more of an oval shape tube and was half moon shape but i cant remember the make.

anyway advice on this would be most appreciated

thanks

stump

Pearl and Gibraltar make some nice racks for around $250-$300 US. Also check e-Bay. Peace.

Groove

Both Pearl and Gibraltar have great racks. Having owned and played on both, I like the Gibraltar one slightly better.

gnich198

from what i have messed with in the rack world, if you are willing to spend the money, a pearl is the way to go. they have the square shape to them and that keps your clamps from moving about so easily on the rack. gibralter and pdp are good stuff as well but the mounts like to move around if they are n't tight enough. pearl is a touch bit bulky though. might want to keep that in mind. but i think that they make a rack that has just the front bar to it and that is it. but my veiw on drum stuff is get what is going to last and what is oging to work the best. that is what is going ot save you money and is what is going to work better for you in the long run!

writheindecay

curved pearl icon for the win.

the square tubing owns, absolutely no slippage, ever. the gibralter racks look cool, but even with 2 locks on each side of every clamp, i still had shit slipping. it almost drove me to heroin.and i couldnt tell you how many times ive seen someone pick up a gribralter rack with everything on it, and the main cross tube twists under with all their shit on it. lol

PDP9000

I have 2 racks a gibralter custom made rack and a kinda small PDP one both are very good to have for shows

xdoseonex

round racks offer so much more freedom than square racks. you can angle the clamp 360 different ways as opposed to.....................one. and if you use the right clamps for the right things and tighten them properly they'll never slip on you. the main reason people get slippage from theyre round racks is because 1. they dont tighten the clamps properly and 2. because theye clamps are old and dont hold tight anymmore. and 3. because they put floor toms and other heavy things on the normal clamps when they makeheavy duty clamps for heavier thiings

Brother_Bong

If you want to spend the money my company makes custom drum racks out of light gauge stainless steel completely designed to fit your kit. Much more durable than that "white-metal" crap the mass producers use.l

xrock79

..Gibralter makes a good curved rack. i've used one for about 4 years now and it hadn't let me down yet. Tamma also makes a similar one but it costs a bit more as well as PDP by DW. u cant really buy a bad rack system, it just comes down to personal pref and what plays into your individual style of playing.

BLS2112

Gazdkw82§":3hrpb5b6 said:
Im currently just playing with normal stands but i want to try using a rack system for quicker change overs on stage and for more options with set ups. I have no idea which rack system to go for. Iv seen a few but they look too big and bulky abit like scaffold. Iv seen one which i like it was more of an oval shape tube and was half moon shape but i cant remember the make.

anyway advice on this would be most appreciated

thanks
Pearl Icon, or the older ones even...Period...
"Things don't slip on square tube"...It just makes sense... ':eek:I
Furthermore...These racks tear down and go up easier...
Trust me...I have tried them all...
All the best...Barrie

Bong":17j9ahjt said:
If you want to spend the money my company makes custom drum racks out of light gauge stainless steel completely designed to fit your kit. Much more durable than that "white-metal" crap the mass producers use.l
i agree i used to own whit metal stands and they just bent when thightened or when used alot so i would go for a stronger matal and stainless steel is good because it is lightweight and in my opinion looks better